title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ability to multi select folders in Windows Explorer for batch conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sizetwo
    • Jun 2008

Ability to multi select folders in Windows Explorer for batch conversion

The title says it all I guess. I would love the option to be able to select several folders in Windows Explorer, use the context menu to do a batch conversion and when the batch conversion software starts, these folders are then selected, including potential subfolders within that structure. This would make the software a lot more useful for me at least.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Ability to multi select folders in Windows Explorer for batch conversion

I realize this is not what you want, but just to be sure, you do realize that if you start the "batch converter" program that you then have the option to look at your file directory tree and select only the folders you want to covert and then do a single batch conversion of just those folders. It is an extra step (starting the batch converter program), but does what you want.

Comment

• sizetwo
      • Jun 2008

I do realize that you can do this - however it doesnt quite work for me. I am in the process of ripping a lot of CDs, and since I cannot sort the view by date (chronologically) I need to manually go alphabetically go through all the folders and select the new sub folders created. This is very cumbersome. Considering I sort my folders in genres (such as Funk, Soul etc) I need to go into the Soul folder, search for the subfolder and then go on to the next. A solution to my problem would be the ability to sort the view by date instead of alphabetically, but this is not possible either. So doing it in explorer would absolutely the best solution.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sizetwo
        I do realize that you can do this - however it doesnt quite work for me. I am in the process of ripping a lot of CDs, and since I cannot sort the view by date (chronologically) I need to manually go alphabetically go through all the folders and select the new sub folders created. This is very cumbersome. Considering I sort my folders in genres (such as Funk, Soul etc) I need to go into the Soul folder, search for the subfolder and then go on to the next. A solution to my problem would be the ability to sort the view by date instead of alphabetically, but this is not possible either. So doing it in explorer would absolutely the best solution.
        Spoon can correct me if I'm wrong and I haven't done this in a while, but I recall that I could point to the entire FLAC directory and tell dbpa to convert to mp3 and dbpa would ask me if I wanted to overwrite and I'd say no, and only FLAC files that didn't already have an mp3 counterpart in the lossy subdirectory would be newly converted. Am I remembering this correctly?????

Comment

• sizetwo
          • Jun 2008

This is also correct. However - it does a check for existing files, and this takes quite a while with a folder 15.000 files. So instead of doing that for every time I add a new album, or series of albums, it would be great for the suggestion I made to be implemented. Thanks for the feedback though, however I do believe I have a basic grasp of how the program works.

Comment

Working...

]]>