title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Few classical albums in AccurateRip limits usefulness

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtreloar
    • Jan 2011

Few classical albums in AccurateRip limits usefulness

I scanned my library today. 168/741 albums reported accurate.

Disappointingly, 232 of 741 albums not in the Accuraterip database. An additional 328/741 reported as "cannot check", many because tracks are not the same length as the AR data.

Only 12 reported with ripping errors. Some of these were ripped by a commercial service, others are downloads from the original company (Chandos for example) as FLAC. None of the albums I ripped using dbPA Ref 13/14 has errors, so kudos there.

The collection is almost entirely classical music, going back to first days of CD's. The albums not recognized are main-stream performers and CD companies, not off the beaten track. I am surprised. This really limits the usefulness. Also, if the track length is different from the AR data, this should be made a soft criterion so that the album can be assessed by PerfectTunes.

PerfectTunes beta is the latest available for download.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Few classical albums in AccurateRip limits usefulness

AccurateRip has almost every disc in existence (2.1 million unique discs).

PerfectTunes ability to look up AccurateRip is limited to around half a million, the lookup is only needed for CD Extra discs, or discs with tracks missing.

Track length is the only way to lookup a disc in AccurateRip, if you have non-lossless tracks, or tracks which are a different length to a CD there is no way to verify with AccurateRip (as AccurateRip is about tracks on CD).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>