title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi Encoder not working (but it used to)

Multi Encoder not working (but it used to)

Hi, I recently downloaded the 14.3 release after rebuilding the computer all my music is on.

I went to setup the Multi Encoder to generate both .wav and 320k mp3 files. I know this used to work because I had CDs ripped to both Flac and MP3 previously (but I know I had the product that used the add in Multi Encoder)

I am not getting any error messages and the rip appears to work... e.g. goes through all the tracks shows the accurate rip info etc, it doesn't actually write anything to disk.

I thought the problem was that I was using a path on my NAS but I set both encoders to the local disk and still no luck.

I tried this on two different computers but no luck. If I don't use Multi Encoder and just choose wav or mp3 it works fine.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? This is frustrating. I know it has to be something simple.

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Multi Encoder not working (but it used to)

Have any security software?

Jus the usual antivirus... if I choose the .wav encoder OR the .mp3 encoder *by themselves* it works fine and outputs the files as expected... just doesn't work when choosing both with Multi Encoder. I will try disabling the antivirus but I don't think this is the problem.

Followup to my last. I turned off real time AV scanning which is the only security software I am running.

I have a "default" profile that just converts CD to WAV and writes fine writing to C:\Music. I create a new profile called dual that has encoders for wav and mp3. The Wav encoder in this profile also points to C:\Music

When I rip a CD using Default it works fine. When I switch to Dual there is no files being output.

Administrator

Perhaps something is not installed right, uninstall, reboot and then reinstall.