title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Losing wav forced semi-colon format for multiple artists when editing wav "tags"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Losing wav forced semi-colon format for multiple artists when editing wav "tags"

Question:
    I am exclusively wav files (no desire to change so please don't suggest FLAC as a fix).

When I rip a CD with multiple artists on a single track, I have used the ID3 Tag Processing DSP to force the semi-colon on single line....and this works fine.

However, if I later edit any of the tags related to that specific wav file, my wav tag gets messed up and my music player (MusicBee or WMP) no longer reads the forced semi-colon that was originally written by DBPA.

Is this behavior impossible to avoid because I am working with wav files or is there a way to get the DBPA tag editor to preserve the forced semi-colon as originally written so that the music players continue to read the ARTIST tag as 2 separate artists?

Thanks!
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-05-2013 at 11:20 AM.