title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Several wishes.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsmulree
    • Jun 2012

Several wishes.

I have a several wishes:

* Include a naming flag to expand multiple value tags - at present if album artist is 'Album Artist *1; Album Artist *2; Album Artist *n' and the '[Album Artist]' flag is used, only 'Album Artist *1' is returned. Perhaps '[EXPANDMULTI]<Tag>[]'?
    * Update the 'Audio Info' utility codec to preserve the ';' character in tags with multiple values - this would allow easier interpretation of the output as not having the ';' character is misleading.
    * Allow the '\' character in tags to be optionally interpreted as a folder separator - this would be particularly useful for box sets where the album title could be '<Box Set> \ <Album Title>'. This was once the default behaviour and was very useful, however this behaviour was removed (and correctly so, but the option should be there).
    * Allow multiple track titles separated by the ';' character (if possible) - this would be particularly useful for tracks that contain multiple titles (such as bonus tracks appended to the end of another track).
    * Improve HDCD tagging - some HDCD tracks are not tagged as such as only a portion of the audio is scanned for the presence of HDCD. During conversion a more exhaustive check should be performed? I use the 'Test Conversion' with the 'HDCD' DSP to thoroughly identify whether a track is HDCD. I understand this would only be applicable to lossless encoding/conversion.

Keep up the good work Spoon! :-)

Kind regards,

Jason.
    Last edited by jsmulree; 01-05-2013, 05:02 AM.
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: Several wishes.

A couple of threads on HDCD:
    I apologize in advance for this lengthy post and its wordy questions, but after a lot of reading I'm still unsure what the best general approach is for ripping HDCDs, and from what I can tell there is no FAQ or definitive best practices recommended by illustrate. This might be a bit pedantic, but I'm really hoping those of you

For those of us with discs that have HDCD on them (many of us), there are many tradeoffs to consider in deciding whether or not to decode the HDCD information during ripping, or leave encoded for a player to decode. Please provide the following technical information in the Ripper window, and please also write this to the rip

Hello! I'm planning on ripping a bunch of cd's using dBpoweramp and I want to rip everything perfectly the first time. I was taking a look at all of the DSP effects but now I'm left with a few questions. 1. What is the difference between the Hidden Track Silence Removal and the Silence Track Deletion DSPs? I get what they

Comment

• jsmulree
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Porcus
      A couple of threads on HDCD:
      I apologize in advance for this lengthy post and its wordy questions, but after a lot of reading I'm still unsure what the best general approach is for ripping HDCDs, and from what I can tell there is no FAQ or definitive best practices recommended by illustrate. This might be a bit pedantic, but I'm really hoping those of you

For those of us with discs that have HDCD on them (many of us), there are many tradeoffs to consider in deciding whether or not to decode the HDCD information during ripping, or leave encoded for a player to decode. Please provide the following technical information in the Ripper window, and please also write this to the rip

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...l=1*post119732
      Thank you Porcus. Regarding HDCD, my issue that I wish to use the HDCD tag (which is set to '1' for HDCD tracks) to identify HDCD tracks however this is not always set correctly for HDCD tracks as detection is based on a small starting portion of each track. I am forced to use the 'Test Conversion' codec with the HDCD DSP to detect HDCD tracks based on the entire track then manually update the HDCD tag if required - I would prefer this to be done automatically if ripping tracks and encoding them using a lossless codec. I use FLAC to encode ripped CD tracks and prefer to flag HDCD tracks rather than using the HDCD DSP to decode them. Hope this makes sense?

Cheers,

Jason.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jsmulree
        and prefer to flag HDCD tracks rather than using the HDCD DSP to decode them. Hope this makes sense?
        That makes perfect sense :-)

Yes I think it is a good idea to post-process a scan-for-HDCD-and-tag. It may however be a point to do so upon completing the entire CD, because you may want a warning if some but not all tracks are HDCD encoded. (For example, for ReplayGain purposes.)

Myself I use foobar2000 as player with kode54's foo_hdcd input. It does AFAIK not scan the entire track though, but is a reasonable compromise.

Comment

Working...

]]>