title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Drive not recognised by AccurateRip?

Drive not recognised by AccurateRip?

I have a new Asus K55VD laptop running Windows 8 64bit and DbPoweramp 13.5. I can't get AccurateRip to configure despite feeding it at least 20 very well known discs. I'm concerned that the drive being listed in technical details as:

Manufacturer:
    CD Drive: Slimtype DVD A
    Firmware:
    Serial:

...may have something to do with it. Going into device manager in Windows reveals no further details about the drive. I've searched on how to overcome this but all I can find is "keep feeding it discs" which I'm getting very bored of. Is there anyway to check that AccurateRip can see the drive? One of the problems in the configure failed popup is that AccurateRip may have no record of the drive. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out. It all worked a treat on my old Acer!

Administrator

Re: Drive not recognised by AccurateRip?

If the drive is not in our existing database then the configuration process is much more involved (you need 3 matching discs, the only way to get this is feed lots of discs until it configures).

Thanks Spoon

I persevered and 39 discs later it configured. So lots means lots. Still concerned my PC doesn't know what drive its using though, but I'm glad it's working. Thankyou!

I am facing a similar problem. The drive of my new HP laptop is hp - DVD RAM UJ8C2. It does not exist in AccurateRip's drive list. There is, however, a Panasonic UJ8C2 as well as HP UJ8A2.
    After testing 19 popular CD:s so far the problem remains. What if 20 discs more does not help?

OK, I persevered, too. It took no less than 43 discs before it configured. It would be a good idea to tell about this procedure on AccurateRip's homepage.