title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP and Oppo BDP-103 Browsing Issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techwiz
    • Dec 2012

Asset UPnP and Oppo BDP-103 Browsing Issue

I'm having an issue browsing through my music with my Asset UPnP (running on Win7 64bit) and Oppo BDP-103 setup. Initially booting both devices up, I can browse through all my FLAC files, playlists, and radio stations via Asset without issue.

Here is where the issue appears:
    -After I've played one whole FLAC track or a playlist has finished, I try to browse back "up" the Asset folder tree and my Oppo jumps straight to the "network root" instead of going back up one folder level. I've found my Oppo jumps straight to the "network root" when a network DLNA server I'm currently in either shuts down or disconnects. Once this occurs I can immediately select Asset UPnP and get the first-level folder list. Then I try to select any of the first level folders and I'm returned to the "network root." I select Asset UPnP again and get the first-level folder list. I can usually get into the second-level of folders, but not always. Sometimes I'm booted back to the "network root" again. I have to do this 2-3 times to get back into the lower-level Asset folders and then I'm good until I finish another FLAC track or playlist. This is frustrating.

I've also tried running Serviio on my PC and I've not experienced this jumping back to "network root" response from my Oppo after playing whole FLAC tracks or whole folders of FLACs. After playing a FLAC track or batch of tracks I can browse up and down the Serviio folder list without issue. Given I do not experience this issue when I use Serviio I'm reasonably confident my network connections and Oppo are not the issue. It could be that the way my BDP-103 interacts with Asset is causing this issue to manifest since I was not able to find similar posts on this forum.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any solutions?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Asset UPnP and Oppo BDP-103 Browsing Issue

Asset I do not think is resetting, you could try playing the audio on 2 devices at the same time, if it was resetting the audio would stop on the 2nd device.

Comment

• fasterbyelan
      • Jan 2013

I am running Asset on a PC networking to the Oppo 105. I have not noted this issue and using the 'Return' button on the Oppo remote takes me back up the tree in single steps. For info I have found this combination to work very well and it is very fast in uploading the menu and playing the selected track/album. Only shortcoming is the Oppo's inability to play gapless music (but hoping Oppo will be able to overcome such with a future upgrade!)

Karl

Comment

• Techwiz
        • Dec 2012

Sorry for the delay in replying. Thank you for the inputs. I've only had the browsing issue on my BDP-103. The DLNA app I use on my cell phone has never experienced this issue. I could be an setting on my router or PC firewall. Very encouraging to hear you are not experiencing this issue, Faster. I'm still experiencing the same issue and now with Serviio too. Seems this issue may be tied to something in my specific setup.

Comment

Working...

]]>