title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DBPowerAmp and Windows 8

DBPowerAmp and Windows 8

Since upgrading to Windows 8, DPPowerAmp can take an age to finalise ripping each track (sitting on 99% for over 5 minutes), and then when it is over I find that the track size is less than 1Kb. ie it failed. Sometimes I get error message but not always. The latest one talked about meta data missing.

Up to now it worked fine. Any ideas, or can someone point me to the latest software?

[The Windows 8 upgrade is not a good experience as it failed to move across practically all of my programs - including Microsoft Office. So I wonder if I fouled up the reinstallation of DBPowerAmp]

Administrator

Re: DBPowerAmp and Windows 8

Please post an error message as it is shown on the screen.

If you have c2 pointers, or over-read enabled, then disable those options.

Thanks Spoon. I needed to read your document to understand exactly what these two features are but I can find no reference to these when looking at the hardware details on the Control Panel for the CD device (assuming that is where they would sit). I have experimented further however. I omitted to say earlier was that I have just started to use a USB wireless adapter from TP-Link to boost the signal between my office and hub (in the hi fi room). I did not mention it as I had successfully ripped two CDs previous to my complete failure yesterday and thought the adapter would have no detrimental effect.

However I moved the laptop near the hub as I planned to back up some files. Whilst there, I retried the ripping and two of the three CDs went straight through. This was a surprise as lack of bandwidth surely would not have caused the ripping to fail track after track. Also before using the adapter I normally ripped from the office.

So I think we can close this problem report for now until I get more CDs to try. Thanks for the help

Administrator

For retagging the files might need to be read and rewritten, wireless should be avoided if possible.