title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No CD Drive Found

Re: No CD Drive Found

hello Spoon,
    Similar issue to threads here... dbpoweramp does not "see" the CD Drive as it is simply shown as "D:[-]" in bottom left-hand of screen, whereas usually this shows the name/type of the CD Drive. CD's do rip, just that Accuraterip does not work.

Setup:
    New HP Pavilion running Windows 10 and with external USB CD ROM connected to 3.0 port (as no internal drive). Device Manager shows the DVD/CD ROM name/type as "HL-DT-ST DVD-RW/GWA-4080N" per attached picture.
    dbpoweramp CD drive name not found.jpg

Ran the "debugger" with result as follows:

Using SCSI PassThrough [clCDDA::SetCommunication]
    ->-> [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]
    Quitting Meta Thread: Quit
    ->-> [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
    Got drive C:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Got drive D:\ CD ROM [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Got drive E:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Got drive F:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    <-<- [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
    ->-> [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
    LBA FirstIndex: 0 last Index: 0
    Type: Audio Track 0 LBA Address: 0
    MSF FirstIndex: 0 last Index: 0
    Type: Audio Track 0 MSF: 0/0/0
    <-<- [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
    <-<- [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]

Drive D: is the CD Drive, E: is "Recovery", and F: is a USB HDD.

Other comments:
    dbpoweramp does "see" the CD Drive as I changed the drive letter to "G:" and this changed on the screen - just the name/type is missing.
    Tried "naming" the CD Drive under the Options and CD Drive [Technical] but the data is not saved.

Would appreciate advice, thanks, Steve.

dBpoweramp Guru

What happens if you connect the external USB CD ROM to a USB 2.0 port?

Administrator

Quit CD Ripper, Try right click CD Ripper icon (on desktop or dBpoweramp Control Centre) >> Run as Administrator and start CD Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    What happens if you connect the external USB CD ROM to a USB 2.0 port?
    hi, not an option as the HP only has 3x USB 3.0 ports.

BTW I did try another different USB CD Drive with same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Quit CD Ripper, Try right click CD Ripper icon (on desktop or dBpoweramp Control Centre) >> Run as Administrator and start CD Ripper.
    hello Spoon, have already tried that with same result; and did all the same with R16.x (as temporary download) with same results. Rebooted laptop several times.

Quote Originally Posted by steveburnhill View Post
    hello Spoon, have already tried that with same result; and did all the same with R16.x (as temporary download) with same results. Rebooted laptop several times.
    hello Spoon, any suggestions?

Administrator

Try to uninstall all security software.

Also if you are remote desktop connecting to the machine, then Ripping is not possible.

hi
    I cannot remove security software, but did disable all Win 10 Defender & Firewall options: tried again - same result, then re-enabled, and now something has changed - the CD Drive is now showing as "D[Unknown - Unknown] (and not just "D[-]").

Also the "debugger" output is different:

Using SCSI PassThrough [clCDDA::SetCommunication]
    ->-> [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]
    Quitting Meta Thread: Quit
    ->-> [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
    Got drive C:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Inquiry failed, trying larger buffer [cddaSCSIPassTru::GetDriveInfo]
    Inquiry failed, trying larger buffer [cddaSCSIPassTru::GetDriveInfo]
    Inquiry failed (with larger buffer) [cddaSCSIPassTru::GetDriveInfo]
    Got drive D:\ CD ROM [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Got drive E:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    Got drive F:\ ** not CD Rom, type: 3 [cddaSCSIPassTru::FillDriveList]
    <-<- [clCDDA::ReturnDriveList]
    ->-> [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
    <-<- [clCDDA::ReadTOC]
    <-<- [frmMain::RefreshTrackListing]

Am not using "remote desktop", or don't think so.

Will try again... thanks Steve.

dBpoweramp Guru

I cannot remove security software, but did disable all Win 10 Defender & Firewall options: tried again - same result, then re-enabled, and now something has changed - the CD Drive is now showing as "D[Unknown - Unknown] (and not just "D[-]").
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 and launch CD Ripper. What is the CD Drive now showing as?

hello,
    First good news, both R14.x (paid) and R16.x (temp.) seem to work now and are ripping & reporting via Accuraterip, even though the CD Drive is still not "named" and shows as "D:[-]" - this was a red herring. Think it was due to the dbpoweramp App not being "allowed through a controlled folder" by Win Defender. This option just came up (didn't previously) and I've enabled several files including CDGrab.exe of both versions. The Accuraterip also then self-configured. Have ripped 2 CD's several times and all okay.

BTW I did try the Win Safe mode but that made no difference, other than after restarting in Normal mode Win Defender gave this "allow through" option.

Thus for reference it looks as if Win Defender was the issue, and I attach the debug output and a screen-shot of the option itself.debug1.txtallow through.png

Thanks for your help.

dBpoweramp Guru

First good news, both R14.x (paid) and R16.x (temp.) seem to work now and are ripping & reporting via Accuraterip, even though the CD Drive is still not "named" and shows as "D:[-]" - this was a red herring. Think it was due to the dbpoweramp App not being "allowed through a controlled folder" by Win Defender. This option just came up (didn't previously) and I've enabled several files including CDGrab.exe of both versions. The Accuraterip also then self-configured. Have ripped 2 CD's several times and all okay.

BTW I did try the Win Safe mode but that made no difference, other than after restarting in Normal mode Win Defender gave this "allow through" option.

Thus for reference it looks as if Win Defender was the issue, and I attach the debug output and a screen-shot of the option itself.debug1.txtallow through.png
    Also, try setting the dBpoweramp CD Ripper desktop shortcut advanced properties to Run as administrator.