title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: how do i use a windows ACM codec

how do i use a windows ACM codec

i am trying to get a ACM codec to work with db power amp i attempted to use acmenc (http://nyaochi.sakura.ne.jp/software/acmenc) and the cli encoder but i cant seem to make it work any help would be greatly appreciated

Administrator

Re: how do i use a windows ACM codec

dBpoweramp already uses ACM encoders, select Wave as the encoder, then Compression, all the ACM encoders on the system are listed there.

thank you for that info i did not know that one more question i want to try mp3HD so how do i use the cli encoder

they say

Example: mp3hdEncoder.exe -br 128000 -if test.wav -of test.mp3

thanks for all your help spoon

dBpoweramp Guru

Install the cli encoder, it has a help file (shown after install) on how to set it up.

sorry to dig up my old thread but i am trying to use the l3codecp.acm and it works in eac but when i try to do it using dbpoweramp i get a wav file that i cant play even if i change the ext to .mp3 i belive it is writing the wav headers how can i stop it from doing that

also about the mp3hd i cant seem to get meta data to pass to it so idk whats going on there

now you maybe wondering why i want to use the acm its cuz i can set stereo modes unlike the fhg codec in dbpoweramp the 63i codec has the ablity to disable joint stereo

Administrator

A .wav file will always have wave headers, if you want a .mp3 file then use the mp3 (Lame) encoder.

In Lame joint stereo gives higher quality files than without, all negative information about joint stereo is out of date.