title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems converting FLAC to AAC

Problems converting FLAC to AAC

Files are apparently converted (i.e. there are files produced) but the conversions are zero bytes, and there are no tags. I am not sure whether this is the reason, but when I start the conversion I get the error message '... a separate component must be downloaded from.....' I downloaded the one mentioned in other threads (the Nero AAC codec) and put the files in \encoder\m4a Nero, but the error persists. What am I doing wrong?

Administrator

Re: Problems converting FLAC to AAC

Reinstall the m4a (AAC) encoder and have a look at the help file which shows after installation, there is an additional encoder you must install.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Reinstall the m4a (AAC) encoder and have a look at the help file which shows after installation, there is an additional encoder you must install.
    I can't read the help file. I get a window which says 'review the actions: Run program / View Help but don't know how to view help.

Administrator

Click Ok and the help will show.

Sorry, I'm just not getting this! O click OK, the Music Converter window shows, I click on the red question mark, and this appears - file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/Codec/mp4/Help.htm , but doesn't say anything about an additional Nero codec as far as I can see.
    Last edited by neilcoburn; 12-21-2012 at 03:02 AM.

Update: I found this help page: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Illustrate/dBpoweramp/Help/Codec/aac/help.htm. I followed the instructions and I have the 5 files in the C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC folder. But when I run the Batch Converter I still get the error message that a separate component must be installed from nerodigital.com. Tried a reboot but I still have the problem.

Administrator

Do you convert to m4a Nero (AAC)?

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do

Administrator

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)

is the right path

thanks, Spoon, that's working now. NB: the file path in the help file is incorrect.

Administrator

You were looking at the wrong help file (you had also installed the AAC encoder, which is different to the m4a Nero (AAC) encoder).