title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ISRC READ Problems DMC R14.3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imazed
    • Nov 2012

ISRC READ Problems DMC R14.3

I have downloaded DMC R14.3 on 21 day trial. It is an excellent program but seems to have a problem in reading ISRC from some Discs, 7 out of the first 12 I tried.
    The reason I was exploring DMC is that I had been using EAC for ripping but it did not find ISRC on some discs

My first thought was that I had a PC/Drive problem but I get the same results with a different drive.
    I also downloaded DMC to a different machine (New Sony VAIO) and am unable to read the same discs on that laptop. All the discs that do read ISRC on my target machine are also read on the VAIO.

If I had only a couple of discs with no ISRC read I would have put the problem down to the disc but with over 60% of an admittedly small batch there must be another issue.

I have read all the ISRC related posts in the forum and there seems to be a problem from way back. In particular Simonff posts on ISRC reading inconsistancies .

I realise that for most people the ISRC tag may not be important but for anyone intending to use the resultant files commercially it is essential for royalty tracking. I also realise that such users are not your target customers.

My two questions:
    Are you aware of any different methods used to encode the ISRC? I know that it is in the Q channel and immediately before the audio.
    Is drive offset relevant?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ISRC READ Problems DMC R14.3

Will add to the todo list to check for R14.4 beta.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• imazed
      • Nov 2012

Thanks a lot, most appreciated.

Comment

• tom-ILM
        • Oct 2012

I also noticed that CD-Ripper stops reading ISRC codes further down CD if not every track contains the ISCR, ie

...and here is the actual CD content read by different ripper.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Possible bug noted
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>