title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

classical music gets explicit tag added when converting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgs2001
    • Nov 2012

classical music gets explicit tag added when converting?

Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

I have just converted a classical piano album (essential einaudi) from flac to m4a to put it on my phone, however when I import it to Itunes it gets a parental advisory Explicit icon on every track !!

Is this a bug in the latest Itunes 11 ?

Im Using the latest DBpoweramp version.

Thanks Dgs
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: classical music gets explicit tag added when converting?

You need R14.4 which is in the beta section of this forum.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dgs2001
      • Nov 2012

Thanks for the quick response

Comment

• VicLaw
        • Feb 2013

OK, but then what do we do with the explicit rating on the iTunes files? I did 10 CDs and they are all marked as Explicit even the Cantor disk. Do I rip all 10 disks again?

Comment

• VicLaw
          • Feb 2013

Installed 14.4 and used the batch converter on the flac files for 358 songs. 1 hour later, same result all still marked as explicit. When ripping the CDs (replaced iTunes files only) results were good. The bug is fixed but you must erase the old Explicit album/song first.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by VicLaw
            Installed 14.4 and used the batch converter on the flac files for 358 songs. 1 hour later, same result all still marked as explicit. When ripping the CDs (replaced iTunes files only) results were good. The bug is fixed but you must erase the old Explicit album/song first.
            Itunes database doesn't reload metadata just because the file is fixed. Delete the tracks from the itunes library. When it asks if you also want to remove from disk, say NO. Then readd the tracks to itunes. Then it will read the metadata correctly. There are other ways to force itunes to reread a files metadata and update itunes database. Google for this.

Comment

Working...

]]>