title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I rip Hi-Res MP3 files from CDs?

How do I rip Hi-Res MP3 files from CDs?

I want to know if I can rip MP3 files from CD in Hi-Res format: 24/96 or 24/192. Is this possible?
    What settings/DSP effects would i need to setup?

If I can only rip 16-bit 44.1KHz (or 48KNz) files, can I use Converter to up-sample tracks to Hi-Res after they are ripped?

Does Win 7-64 Media Player (or Media Center) have ability to play Hi-Res tracks? Does Asset UPnP have ability to play these tracks?

Also, have problems with Dynamic File Location: when I set file location to "[album artist]\[album]\[title] - [album]" by typing it in the encoder "Dynamic" line, it works fine. If I click "Set" option of "Dynamic" line and try to select same path in the "Dialog" window I get path error (sometimes) that says filename not unique.
    Last edited by Sery Volk; 11-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Administrator

Re: How do I rip Hi-Res MP3 files from CDs?

CDs are 44KHz 16 bit, it is not possible to increase that using any DSP effects (well you could convert 16 bit >> 24 bit, but you still have 16 bits of information, that happen to take up more HDD space).