title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question on running multiple instances of CD Ripper...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjc
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2012

Question on running multiple instances of CD Ripper...

I am an audio video integrator and I also offer a CD Ripping service to my clients. I am currently using my Dell XPS computer with two DVD drives and I open two instances of CD Ripper simultaneously. It seems to work just fine. I am planning on building a new computer that would have four DVD/Blu Ray drives and would like to use CD Ripper in the way I've described above, opening four instances of the program. My new computer build would have an Intel i5 or i7 quad core processor and lots of RAM.

Does anyone see any issues with running CD Ripper like this.

Of course there is also the Batch Ripper option to consider but during a CD ripping session I like to be able to edit the ID Tag information (Genre, Artist, etc.) prior to ripping each CD. If I understand Batch Ripper correctly it is designed for use with auto-loading machines and it doesn't seem like I would have my editing capabilities prior to ripping each CD if Batch Ripper is automatically ripping all the CD's one after another using a robot. Is this correct? Would Batch Ripper offer any benefit if used with my new multi-drive computer build?

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question on running multiple instances of CD Ripper...

4 drives per computer is the maximum recommended.

Batch ripper is for manual load also, it allows editing before ripping.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjc
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2012

Thank you. I downloaded and tested Batch Ripper with my current computer setup. After reading through the Batch Ripper operation notes I can't seem to find where I check the "Manual Input & Review" option. Right now if I load a disc I don't see any review page and the CD starts ripping automatically.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is on the metadata button in Batch Ripper.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sjc
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2012

I found and checked the "Manual Input & Review" under the metadata button>Active Providers and also under Meta Options that includes 7 options you can check/edit. My only other question is if I've checked the "manual input & review" box under Active Providers (to manually force the review page on all CD's) do I also need to check any of the options for Force Manual Input & Review under the Meta Options section? I'm assuming not but wanted to make sure.

Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No need.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>