title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Same rip, one universal comment + individual track comments?

Same rip, one universal comment + individual track comments?

Hey Spoon! I just purchased the full version (about an hour ago!) and I'm stoked to rip my collection!

My question is this: I'd like to have every track I rip, across every CD have an entry in the comment field. I know I can do this with the Metadata DSP thingee quite easily.

But what I'd ALSO like to do is leave a few individual comments on specific tracks IN ADDITION to the universal comment. From some tests, it looks like DSP thing clobbers any individual comment tags you may have added. Is there any way to get the automated behavior I want? I.e. I'd like to be able to enter in my specific comments as I choose, then have it append (or prepend, actually, but this doesn't matter so much) the universal tag after I'm all done.

Make sense?

Thanks for your wonderful product!
    Last edited by schizoid; 11-22-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Administrator

Re: Same rip, one universal comment + individual track comments?

you might be able to do with ID Tag Processing DSP in the rule based manipulation

IF [comment]=anyvalue
    set [comment] = [comment], somthing else

(I am not at a computer I can test this on...)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    you might be able to do with ID Tag Processing DSP in the rule based manipulation

IF [comment]=anyvalue
    set [comment] = [comment], somthing else

(I am not at a computer I can test this on...)

Thanks for the quick reply and ideas.

I tried this, actually. The problem is that it seems [comment] is parsed as a string literal. At least it has been from my testing.

So I did it backwards, actually. For each value I want to "stick" (luckily there are only 3) I have:

IFCONTAINS Comment=CDrate1
    SET Comment=JeremyRip CDrate1

IFCONTAINS Comment=CDrate2
    SET Comment=JeremyRip CDrate2

IFCONTAINS Comment=CDrate3
    SET Comment=JeremyRip CDrate3

IF Comment=
    Set Comment=JeremyRip

The only problem is, if I add any other comments, this will clobber them, unfortunately. I use the comments field as tags, as many others do ("soundtrack", "live", "remix", etc). Luckily, these aren't as prevalent, but this solution doesn't allow for those.

The simple solution would be to fix the bug (?) of the comment field being parsed as a string literal in the R-value of a manipulation string. Another solution, perhaps more elegant and useful, would be to make a checkbox that makes the "add" either destructive or non-destructive. That would, in effect, negate the need for all of these different rules. Seems like a pretty basic thing.

Thoughts?

Administrator

Try:

IF Comment=[anyvalue]
    SET Comment=JeremyRip [comment]

or:

IF Comment=[anyvalue]
    SET Comment=JeremyRip [tag]comment[]

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try:

IF Comment=[anyvalue]
    SET Comment=JeremyRip [comment]

or:

IF Comment=[anyvalue]
    SET Comment=JeremyRip [tag]comment[]
    Thanks! I used the second example, plus the empty value one at the end, and it has the expected behavior. I really appreciate it! (Although I still think there should be an option to make "additions" non-destructive, which would obviate all these complex rules and seems like something a lot of people could use.) But for now, this works great. Thanks again!