title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Where is the Dbpoweramp audio player forum?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Where is the Dbpoweramp audio player forum?

I have a question about Dbpoweramp audio player and I don't see a section for it in the forum.
    Where should I post my question?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Where is the Dbpoweramp audio player forum?

We discontinued the player.

Any plans for a future release...? It would be a bliss to have a software of this kind written by Spoon...

dBpoweramp Guru

whats your question? DAP still works well even though it is no longer supported or being developed.
    Are you running ver R11.5?
    Last edited by Razgo; 11-19-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Administrator

The chances of writing a music player and getting 1M users, or even 200,000 users, have passed, today it is the established players and iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo View Post
    ....DAP still works well even though it is no longer supported or being developed.
    I know it works perfectly. I was simply wondering if Spoon had in mind to reactivate the project in the future...because it would be superior to known players people usually get stuck with. I mean...take for example DMC (or cd ripper). Is WMP or Quick Time better maybe?....I don't think so. But then again he answered my question with his next post...
    I'm running R14.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The chances of writing a music player and getting 1M users, or even 200,000 users, have passed, today it is the established players and iTunes.
    Maybe. iTunes is such a "giant" only because it has iTunes store...and that's it. Without iTunes store is simply just an ordinary player with restricted capabilities...Apple team focus only on App Store and does little as far as the player itself. (my opinion of course)

whats your question? DAP still works well even though it is no longer supported or being developed.
    First of all, WOW I didn't know I was going to cause such a stir in the DAP community.

DBPoweramp is and has been my favorite player for 10+ years. iTunes just doesn't cut it.

My issue with DAP is that recently it has stopped working.
    The player will open and it will play the first few seconds of a song and then crash.
    I was wondering if you were familiar with that type of issue and had any idea what could cause it?

Where would I find the version number? After all these years, you'd think I would know where that was.

Thank you so much for keeping this player alive.

dBpoweramp Guru

sorry, i meant R3 beta 6 is the latest DAP player. look to where you installed dbpoweramp and the folder called "version" will have a txt file in showing the version you have.

you may have to reinsatall it. Its best to install dap into it's own folder seperately to dmc.

If Dap/MMC was to be brought back to life i have no doubt it would bring in another swell of people and enthusiasm as it creates conversation and forms bonds and friendships amongst people all around the world.
    Could be called...."Phoenix"....Risen from the Ashes... (.."Project Phoenix"...hmm... :teufel12: )
    ....or maybe "Spoon Player"....SAP instead of DAP.... :komisch12

dBpoweramp Guru

Well i think your onto something there. I do like the name pheonix and it would be appropiate by definition for sure :komisch12

"In Greek mythology, a phoenix or phenix is a long-lived bird that is cyclically regenerated or reborn. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. "

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Well color me stupid,I just upgraded to win7 and decided to upgrade my dbpoweramp and MMC to the latest greatest and I cant find it.
    But I did run across this thread......
    Somebody tell me the old stuff will run on win7,I may have to seek counseling :^(