title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: new to ripping/general observations

new to ripping/general observations

having set up dbpoweramp and so far I have ripped about 260 cds and everything went according to plan, I have about 6 cds that refuse to rip correctly, ranging from red error messages to strange noises emanating from the cd drive, is this about normal for this amount of discs?. Also I have noticed quite a range of ripping speeds from various discs ranging from 3.4 up to 24 times, am I right in thinking that this may be down to variations in materials of the cds, as the cds were cleaned thoroughly using an ultrasonic cleaning machine and isopropanol alcohol. I would be grateful for any feedback. Also thanks to everybody who gave me advise previously.

Administrator

Re: new to ripping/general observations

You might want to try a different CD drive, if two different drives cannot read the disc(s) then it is safe to assume there is a problem with the disc.

Thanks for the advice, the drive I am using at present is a Streacom Sony AD-7640S DVD slot loading unit, could you suggest a free standing unit that I could try. Yours gratefully.

Administrator

Go external SATA (eSata) then you can choose any 5.25" drive, you just need a 5.25" power adapter (plenty on ebay)

Thanks for the swift reply, I have seen an ICYBOX external enclosure that has both eSATA and USB3 connections + external power supply and will accommodate any external drive. The model number for the ICYBOX is IB-550StU3S priced at £38.90 at Amazon. It looks good too. Once again thanks for the advice.