title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converter freezing on 3 files of mine

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chewy
    • Nov 2012

Converter freezing on 3 files of mine

I just converted about 1600 files of mine from FLAC to mp3, but it will not convert 3 particular files. It freezes in the same spot every time, and on top of that the core converter process remains until I kill it even if I force close the application. This could cause someone with quite a bit of used up RAM if they didn't notice this...

The three files are legitimate files that work perfectly fine, and every other song in their albums converted successfully.

Is there any way to fix this? It's kind of an annoying bug since it made the batch conversion take a lot longer than usual by freezing up 3 of the cores. Although I think if you isolate the correct core(will not be using CPU and memory will be static) and kill the process it will move on to the next file, but I didn't want to risk that after hundreds of files were already done.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converter freezing on 3 files of mine

Try R14.4 beta (in the beta section of this forum), previously incorrectly tagged art work could cause tagging issues.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chewy
      • Nov 2012

Just tried that, no luck.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Send over the file please (About above >> Email)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chewy
          • Nov 2012

Just sent them.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Thanks for the files, they are actually corrupted, but it is not right that our flac decoder freezes, a future update will correct this freeze.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>