title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (FAST Multimedia DVM (ACM decoder not installed))?

Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (FAST Multimedia DVM (ACM decoder not installed))?

Hi -

I've recently had problems using dbPowerAMP to convert .wav files to .mp3 files. Specifically, I've gotten the following error:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Audio.wav' to 'C:\Audio.mp3'Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (FAST Multimedia DVM (ACM decoder not installed))? [clWaveDecoder::PrepareToDecodeAudio]

Anyone have any suggestions for me? I have installed the latest Wave decoder from the illustrate site, but beyond that, I'm not sure what to do.

In advance, thanks for your help!

Best,

DB

Administrator

Re: Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (FAST Multimedia DVM (ACM decoder not installed)

WAVE can also contain compressed formats - there are around 300, the device which created the file would have special drivers, you would have to find what created that file, install the special ACM driver, then dbpoweramp can read the file.

Re: Error Cannot Create Wave Decoder (FAST Multimedia DVM (ACM decoder not installed)

Thanks all --

I actually think I may have just fixed the problem. I did so by installing AC3ACM v2.2 by fccHandler. I hope it continues to work.

Again, thanks!

DB