title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Kodak KDK-1000-03 and KDK-1000-04 robots steeply discounted

dBpoweramp Guru

Kodak KDK-1000-03 and KDK-1000-04 robots steeply discounted

Run w/ dbpoweramp and batch ripper only.

Used robots for UPS shipping costs (US mainland only). Come with driver for batch ripper in Windows XP. Might work with Vista if you disable UAC and set batch ripper to run as Admin. Might work in Windows 7 in XP mode.

Please contact me via email at brendan.hoar@gmail.com

Offer open for two weeks, will extend if there's interest.

Brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Kodak KDK-1000-03 and KDK-1000-04 robots steeply discounted

Update: Vista and Windows 7 systems are partially compatible - it works, but there is a long delay in recognizing the CDs. If you're running Windows 7 Professional and can set up XP Mode, then you can install dbpoweramp and batch ripper in there and run them fine just like XP or 8.

The robots work correctly in both XP and Windows 8. I just finished several batches of tests using Windows 8 x64. Note: with Windows 8 you have to use the 2009 Prolific USB to serial chipset driver, as the Windows 8 qualified drivers from Prolific dropped support for older chipsets. I'll provide the older Prolific device driver along with the Kodak "driver" for batch ripper.

Another offer: if you have purchased robots from me in the past for $$$, I'll send you a new-in-box one at just the cost of shipping. US mainland ground shipping is around $25 or so, AK/HI higher, and international a lot higher.

Seriously, I'd like to get rid of some of these and get my space back.

Brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

Ok, gotten a few shipped out...thanks folks.

The current deal is units for $100 + $35 shipping with an offer of an additional USED but functioning unit for just the price of shipping. Essentially $50 each plus shipping, but you have to purchase in lots of two.

I've put together a page on my long-neglected wiki about the deal: http://hyperdiscs.pbworks.com/w/page...ed%20supply%29

And if you've ever purchased a unit from me for $100 or more, you can avail yourself of a free+shipping used (but functioning) unit for every unit you have previously purchased. I think that's fair.

Brendan

dBpoweramp Guru

The current offer is now $100 each + $35 USA shipping for new units. I am out of tested-functional used units, so no more two-for-one offers. Still a great deal and the Teac drive is a very good ripper (zero cache, working C2 pointers, relatively fast).

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    The current offer is now $100 each + $35 USA shipping for new units. I am out of tested-functional used units, so no more two-for-one offers. Still a great deal and the Teac drive is a very good ripper (zero cache, working C2 pointers, relatively fast).
    Does this work with regular dbpa that I'm currently using or do I have to use the batch ripper function that has limited metadata lookups I recall. That is, is using the auto loader equivalent to ripping one at a time but simply with auto disk loading?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Does this work with regular dbpa that I'm currently using or do I have to use the batch ripper function that has limited metadata lookups I recall. That is, is using the auto loader equivalent to ripping one at a time but simply with auto disk loading?
    Sorry. Read the instructions on your site and I see that it requires batch ripper.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    Beginning to run low on new-in-box units, but I have a large number of already opened boxes with units I haven't yet checked out.

I am also having to increase prices also due to the fact that I now test every unit (new and used) before it goes out. So the current forum offer is:

Used but tested working units: $120 + $25 USA shipping
    New units: $135 + $25 USA shipping

As a community favor, non-profits or similar (public radio or college radio stations, etc.), with proof, can get used (but tested) units for $100 + $25 USA shipping.

Brendan

This driver is easily download, first you install file KODAK_Aio_Printer_v7_7.dmg for version of 7.7.