title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: convert to ?

convert to ?

After having lots of success using this great program i have suddenly lost the ability to use the "convert to" option in my windows xp.
    the option is there but it fails to bring up the window with my conversion options on it.
    i'm still using my original mp3 player (musicmatch) but now i don't have the luxury to convert with just a simple right click.
    i've uninstalled and rebooted and reinstalled all the correct codecs but still no joy.
    can anyone shed some light on this problem please ?

many thanx.

Mike....(Frustrated)...:(

dBpoweramp Guru
    What version of Music Converter are you running? Start/All Programs/dbpoweramp Music Convert/Configuration/dMC Configuration to find out.

Also, is there an error message of some sort when you click "Convert-to"?

I'm using the very latest version of dbpoweramp but even though i see the option in my right click menu when i do try to use it i get nothing as i used to....no pop up window with the conversion options and no error messages either....just nothing.
    it's got me foxed has this one.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RossRoy
    What version of Music Converter are you running? Start/All Programs/dbpoweramp Music Convert/Configuration/dMC Configuration to find out.

Also, is there an error message of some sort when you click "Convert-to"?

dBpoweramp Guru
    Have you tried the latest beta version? (dmc release10 beta 8)

You can find in the Beta Test forum

downloaded and installed latest beta version as instructed but unfortunately still no option to convert my files any longer although the option is visible in my right click of the mouse....when i do click on a file i get no options window with mp3/wave/wma files any more so unfortunately i will have to give the superb program a miss for now until i either start from scratch with a format of my system or another solution turns up....either way i will miss not having the simplistic right click option.

thanx for your feedback friend...appreciate it.

Mike.

Have you tried the latest beta version? (dmc release10 beta 8)

You can find in the Beta Test forum

dBpoweramp Guru
    I'm honnestly stumped.. Spoon or Razgo will probably show up eventually.. They should be able to help.

I am sorry I couldn't help you myself.

Unregistered
    thanx for your help anyway friend...
    appreciate the feedback.

Mike.

I'm honnestly stumped.. Spoon or Razgo will probably show up eventually.. They should be able to help.

I am sorry I couldn't help you myself.

dBpoweramp Guru
    when you say the window fails to open, do you still have the ability after you right click over a file to select "convert to"?

Spoon has XP running, i still use win98se.

Administrator
    Give it the harsh treatment, delete the folder C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP

*** If you have my Audio Player back up your Music Collection file first ***

then:

Start >> run

regedit.exe

browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate

and delete the key (folder) dBpowerAMP, reinstall and it should be ok.