title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectMeta - Tag Retrieval and Mapping

PerfectMeta - Tag Retrieval and Mapping

Is it possible to configure PerfectMeta to download the Overview from AllMusic to Comments?

Is it possible to map one field to another? For example, I might prefer Genre be mapped to Group. I'm still working this out but I'm looking for a solution for identifying my music in MediaMonkey by Genre and subgenre which will probably involve reorganizing tags. Mapping at the time of tagging is ideal.

Is it possible to have "featured artists" mapped to another tag? On songs like "The Prayer", I prefer both artists performing the duet to be listed in the Artist tag because they are major artists in the song. But the same does not hold true for me on any given rap song where the long list of featured artists don't really belong in the Artist tag and otherwise complicate the track title if left in place.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to find a software that will give me what I want for my music collection. PerfectMeta is about 90% there with virtually no configuration changes needed. A BIG part of this is the fact that it retrieves tags from AllMusic. Here's hoping I can configure a little (as described above).

Thanks,

MJ

Administrator

Re: PerfectMeta - Tag Retrieval and Mapping

We do not get these fields.

You can use the DSP Effect ID Tag Processing to map between names.