title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

Hi,

This currently tops my wishlist for the next DBPoweramp ... I have a number of game soundtracks encoded in this format and so far found nothing in the internet that would do a 'raw' conversion of the files.

I can only do ripping via the soundcard output ... has anyone been able to convert the Hitman music to WAV? I'll be most interested in this :D

Thanks
    Rev

Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

I second that... right now, the only way to "convert" them to usable sound files is to play them and record the sound as your soundcard produces it - and that's not very satisfactory (and takes ages, obviously). Even using the id_dm or fice_dm plugins for Winamp and redirecting the output to wav files through their out_disk plugin doesn't work at all. And there is no converter for those formats...

Unregistered

Re: Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

Hey! I have Final Fantasy VIII for the PC, and it seems that all the songs for the game are on the computer, in the file format .sgt. I'm trying to find a way to play them. Is this possible, or is that what you are trying to find out?

DMPlayer here can play the music files for you. Take SGT and DLS files of the music you wish to play, put them together and open it with this program(DMPL.exe). Download from this small site.

I can't read the very small print about the authors/credits on the program's About menu (can't remember where I downloaded it either) .. so if anyone has the author's website .. pls post here.

http://www14.brinkster.com/revelo/default.htm
    Reva

Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

sorry for my pour Englisch but i have converted the Hitman .tgt files in mp3
    with the following programms and the quality is good:

1.Advanced Sound recorder 3.1 and DM-Player 1.11

start the DM-Player with the ASR. Start the melodie and record it with the ASR at the same time. After the recording click on the browse button and save it.

(you have to be registred if you want to record more than 50 sec. .
    In this case the site andr.net will help you if you now waht i mean.)

Unregistered

You can play a file and record the output in any damn program, I used CoolEdit... the problem is a PROPER CONVERSION of DirectMusic to a common format, NOT recording it with artifacts, in a system-dependent way.

Unregistered

well, if it helps anyone who didn't already know it, www.jesperkyd.com has a couple of the songs he wrote for "Hitman" , "Hitman 2", "Hitman:Contracts" and loads of other games, in Mp3 for free. Loads of it is very good too...everyone, check it out. BUT I THINK I SPEAK FOR ALL OF US HITMAN MUSIC FANS WHEN I SAY "I NEED A CONVERTER FOR THESE FILES"! Sorry, but anybody whose good at writing programs for music conversion? Please?
    ~later.

Unregistered

I am also interested in this... how would one convert the streams.wav file for hitman contracts

Thumbs up Re: Conversion of Directmusic files (*.SGT and *.DLS) to WAV

There's a software called Nova Software Extractor at

http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/

There are OGG vorbis files within the Hitman: Contracts streams.wav file, so only select OGG for extraction. The demo can only extract 30 files (there are 78 ogg files altogether).

Have fun. :smile2:

dBpoweramp Guru

just play/stream the file and record it useing "auxiliary input" and convert it to whatever format you want to.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2424