title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Possible bug in installer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exec
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2007

Possible bug in installer

Hi!

I've recently bought and installed AssetUPnP (registered version). After installation, neither my iPhone, nor my PS3 could 'find' the UPnP Server. I've looked for something blocking AssetUPnP on my LAN and I realized that the Windows firewall enabled access in public networks, but denied access in private networks. After changing the rule so that acces in private networks is also allowed, all my devices can now find AssetUPnP.
    These firewall rules my be set by the Asset installer because the firewall didn't ask about any incoming/outgoing connections while starting Asset. Maybe this is a bug? At least it's something why Asset didn't work for me 'out of the box'...

Oh, I forgot to mention that it's AssetUPnP version 4.1 as a fresh install (no update from an older version).
    Last edited by exec; 10-22-2012, 11:19 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Possible bug in installer

Are you using Windows 7?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• exec
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2007

Yes, Win 7 Ultimate (64 bit).

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Any other security software is used?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• exec
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2007

No, just the Windows firewall.
          After I admitted the connection in private networks, everything works fine. It's just the default setting of the firewall rule for Asset, which only opens the firewall for public networks. I can only guess that this rule is set by the installer or Asset creates that rule on first start...

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Just tried on a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit, after asset was installed it appeared in the Windows Firewall as Private network only.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>