title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

BUG? All replay gain tags stripped when converting FLAC ->> WMA lossless

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magnus Thomé
    • Nov 2011

BUG? All replay gain tags stripped when converting FLAC ->> WMA lossless

I'm converting a huge pile of flac files to wma lossless

Doing so with DMC all other tags stay intact but all the four RG tags disappear! I of course "only" have to re-run the RG dsp in dbpoweramp again.... but that will take a LOT of hours extra.

I have DMC 14.2 but will update to 14.3 and check again. Also DSP effects are release 7 and not yet 8. Same there, will update and try some files.
  • pablogm123
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2012

Re: BUG? All replay gain tags stripped when converting FLAC ->> WMA lossless

dBpoweramp Configuration app, Music converter tab, scroll down and uncheck Drop ReplayGain ID Tags.

Comment

• Magnus Thomé
      • Nov 2011

Oh! Okay! Thank you!!!!! :komisch12

How come that is default set to strip?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Magnus Thomé
        Oh! Okay! Thank you!!!!! :komisch12

How come that is default set to strip?
        because, for example, if I'm converting from FLAC to mp3, I would NOT want the RG tags to carry over, as they might be slightly different with mp3 version. And anyhow, when I'm doing the conversion, I can have it drop the FLAC RG tags and then at the same time add the DSP for RG as part of the conversion, and it will automatically add NEW RG tags based on an analysis of the newly converted files. No extra steps needed.

Comment

Working...

]]>