title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wav converting to m4a error, only saves as aac.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guinness77
    • Apr 2010

Wav converting to m4a error, only saves as aac.

Hi,
    I am having a problem trying to convert to m4a.
    I downloaded the nero 1.51 aac encoder zip file and saved the neraacenc.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)

I run the converter.

The converted files are adts (aac files).
    How can I convert the wav directly to m4a? What did I do wrong?

I am using R14.3
    Here are some screen shots to help find out what I screwed up.

Installed folder view:

Music converter:

Converter Finished:

Converted file properties:

Thank You!
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Wav converting to m4a error, only saves as aac.

Not having my home computer in front of me I am unable to check but I suspect that you have selected the wrong encoder.

Comment

• Guinness77
      • Apr 2010

Wayne,
      I selected m4a Nero [aac] encoder.
      Is that the wrong one?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is right, on the converter page click the 'list / rename button' there should be no files listed there as .aac (they should be .m4a)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Guinness77
          • Apr 2010

Spoon,
          Here is a screen hot of the list/rename on the converted files. They show up as .aac

Did you see my screen shots above? Anything there helpful?

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you look at:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\encoder.txt

It should start:

[codec]
            .m4a
            neroAacEnc.exe

if you or someone has edited this file, then it is incorrect and you should delete it and reinstall the dbpoweramp m4a encoder.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Guinness77
              • Apr 2010

Spoon,
              That was the problem, thank you.
              I made a mistake when I followed the instructions here to install the nero encoder:
              Originally posted by BrodyBoy
              Well, whatever you tried....give this a shot. Here's a step-by-step for installing the Nero AAC Codec. It actually requires two different components, which are installed separately. It seems a little confusing at first, but it's actually pretty easy if you just follow these steps.

PART I: The dBpoweramp ACC encoder
              1) Download the dBpoweramp ACC encoder.
              2) Double-click the application to install.

PART II: The Nero m4a Nero ACC Encoder (required for the dBpoweramp encoder, above, to work)
              1) Download the Nero Zip package directly from Nero Digital. (Agree to Terms and provide an email address.)
              2) Select the downloaded NeroAACCodec-1.5.1 zip file, and extract all.
              3) Open the extracted NeroAACCodec-1.5.1 folder, then open the win32 subfolder.
              4) Copy the neroAacEnc file (Right click -> Copy).
              5) Browse to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\
              6) Paste the copied neroAacEnc file into this folder. (Right click -> Paste).
              7) The following five files should now be present in that folder:
              encoder
              mp4creator
              Nero
              neroAacEnc
              toaac
              You should now have the ACC encoder available in the CD Ripper and the Music Converter. :smile2:
              Originally posted by BrodyBoy
              Thank you for the heads up, eggerty. So to be clear, you're saying that the destination folder I listed in Step 5 above should read?:
              C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\

I don't seem to have the option to edit that post now (:(), but I should find a way to correct that.

Thanks again.
              My error was that I first installed the nero encoder to:
              C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\

When I noticed they were supposed to go to this directory (couple posts down in thread)
              C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\

I must have copied all the files from the AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\ to the m4a Nero (AAC)\, thus the encoder.txt file did not contain the m4a line.
              I deleted it out, and reinstalled the dbpoweramp m4a encoder and it works.

Thank you for solving this.

Comment

Working...

]]>