title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ebur128 error

ebur128 error

I've been using the ebur128 dsp for a little while now.
    Today I got an error message when using it on a file:
    "Error applying normalisation gain (would result in clipping): Gain=-24.32dB, Maximum True Peak=-1.00LUFS, True Peak=0.00LUFS [clDSP::NormaliseFile]"
    I know what clipping is so I sort of understand the message, but is it something (a parameter?) I can use to make it use "best effort"?
    This convertion is automated so its important that it is successful "no matter what".

Administrator

Re: ebur128 error

What is the source file? a floating point wave?

Gain=-24.32dB

this is a big reduction, now I did not personally work on ebur code, but it seems odd to me.

The source file is an BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) 256kbit. Its quite large (90 minutes) and is a recording, a mix of music and speech. I havn't checked the source file yet so I cannot comment the big reduction.

Administrator

We will be working in this area, perhaps next week so will look then.

Quote Originally Posted by oeriksen View Post
    The source file is an BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) 256kbit. Its quite large (90 minutes) and is a recording, a mix of music and speech. I havn't checked the source file yet so I cannot comment the big reduction.
    Just what I needed, I&*65279; was pondering similar thoughts the other day.

TrinitySoftware

Hi,

I've looked into this error in the loudness normalisation DSP.

The gain measurement shown in the message was incorrect (it was in fact the loudness measured in the audio file).

The DSP has been modified to clamp the gain to an acceptable level, so that it doesn't clip the audio. It also gives an information message at the end of the conversion to let you know that it adjusted the gain to prevent clipping.

The new version will be available in the next few days.

Best regards,
    Daren.

Administrator

Didn't see this before now. Testet with a file that failed yesterday, was successful with no errors now. Thank you!