title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

24bit FLAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

24bit FLAC

Does dbpoweramp rip in 24bit FLAC or is FLAC ripped at a particular setting become 24bit? I was just curious as I had never heard FLAC mention in the term "24 bit".
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: 24bit FLAC

Originally posted by mrcd
    Does dbpoweramp rip in 24bit FLAC or is FLAC ripped at a particular setting become 24bit? I was just curious as I had never heard FLAC mention in the term "24 bit".
    there are 24/96 FLAC files, 24/192 FLAC files, and 16/44.1 FLAC files. If you are ripping a redbook CD, it is 16/44.1 and should be ripped as such (which is what dbpa will automatically do). There are ways to convert this to a 24/96 FLAC file, but is not recommended (and doesn't magically turn your CD file into a high res file).

Comment

• Mike48
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2012

Re: 24bit FLAC

Yes, if you have HDCD turned on under "DSP", CDs with HDCD coding will be decoded by dBpa to 24-bit. I believe that's the only time the program rips to 24-bit files. Some DVDs are available with 24-bit audio, but they are not handled by dBpa.

Comment

Working...

]]>