title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems - Batch Ripper with Primera Disc Publisher Pro Xi2

Problems - Batch Ripper with Primera Disc Publisher Pro Xi2

I have loaded the latest Primera driver config from your website. However, when testing, I receive the following error:

Beginning Test

Running Program: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera-kiosk\Load\Load.exe" --stoponmultidiscsloaded="yes" --drive="Y" --logfile="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\dBB729B. tmp" --passerrorsback="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\d BB729C.tmp"
    Running...
    Primera Looking For Drive:Y
    Primera PTRobot_Initialize: EnumRobots: EnumDrives Robot *0: *** Error: Unable to locate Primera robot containing drive 'Y', please check connection.
    PTRobot_Destroy: Destroyed

Testing Complete

This is happening on both drives.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Problems - Batch Ripper with Primera Disc Publisher Pro Xi2

The Xi2 does not appear to be supported by our driver, and looking on Primeras Developer site, there are no new updates.

Look in: C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\BatchRipper\Loaders\Pr imera\Load

there are a bunch of Primera DLLs PT*** MPT***.dll

see if there are newer version in the Primera folder which is installed by the software supplied with the Xi2, if there are try copying across (to all the Load, Unload, Reject, etc folders)

Thanks for the very quick reply. I have copied across the .dlls, but I'm still having the same problem.

I was under the impression that all Primera Disc Publisher models were supported, which was a main selling point for me as I have a large CD collection....

Administrator

We have updated the batch ripper page to indicate this now. (Xi was supported, recently the Xi2 has been released which seems to have issues).

OK, although I've had the Xi2 since mid-2010, so it's not that recent!

Further to my question above, it seems that an article in PCPro a couple of years ago (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/362...d-collection/2) indicates that the user had success ripping from the same Primera model right out of the box using your batch ripper. Could you let me know what might have happened to change this? If there is a previous version of the Batch Ripper that works with the Primera, would I be able to have access to it please?

Many thanks.

Administrator

I think it was a firmware update that has caused the issues

Thanks for the reply. Although it seems to have been caused by a firmware update, is it something that the Batch Ripper could address in an update?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but we have a large CD collection that we want to rip in the most accurate and successful way.