title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Which ever address shows, change the xx.x.x.xx to 127.0.0.1 until we track this one down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which ever address shows, change the xx.x.x.xx to 127.0.0.1 until we track this one down.
    thanks Spoon but that's not working for me either. Tried a couple of ports but no luck. Interestingly I'm running asset upnp for mac at work with absolutely no problems - rock solid!

best
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by hifichip76 View Post
    ok.I'll try disabling LPCM 24 bit. But how should I send 24 bit ALAC files to the Oppo? As WAV?
    I tried setting m4a and mp4 to WAV and it wouldn't play any of them. Is there any way to play 24 bit ALAC files?

Quote Originally Posted by hifichip76 View Post
    I tried setting m4a and mp4 to WAV and it wouldn't play any of them. Is there any way to play 24 bit ALAC files?
    Set apple files back to PCM, with 24 big lpcm disabled.

Still doesn't work. ALAC files either get skipped or play as screeching static (the 96-24 Alac files that were converted to alac for iTunes, I think). A precious few play. I don't know why.

Flac files, set to play as is, are static now too, it seems.

I'm almost ready to give up on Asset.

Administrator

If you have the 24 bit check box checked (next to replay gain) then uncheck it as a test and try to play 16 bit flac files.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you have the 24 bit check box checked (next to replay gain) then uncheck it as a test and try to play 16 bit flac files.
    I don't have it checked.

I don't understand why it won't play flac files that it plays from a hd. No matter how I set it..

Administrator

This Mac version is still a work in progress, it lacks the debugging features to determine what is happening with the flac files (if they are sent as is or transcoded).

It doesn't seem to do anything that I need it to do.

Hi -
    I have been using the beta since beginning. Works well for me. I miss the functions in the windows premium release....when will the mac version be released with premium functionality?
    Thanks

Administrator

It is difficult to say, we prepare the next beta update now.

Administrator

Significant update

This update brings Asset MAC functionality to a par with Asset on Windows, it will run as a premium trial for 30 days and we hope to release in the next month.

Changes:

- Fixed WAV streaming not working
    - Fixed MP3 streaming not working
    - Entirely new configuration dialog - covering features that were not accessible before
    - Main Asset window now shows basic information about the running instance
    - Closing the main window now makes the app continue running hidden & restorable

Thank you for the update. On my MacBook Pro Maverick 10.9 beta 7 it runs i can config. On my Mac mini 10.8.5 it donīt work.
    Canīt config.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrand View Post
    Thank you for the update. On my MacBook Pro Maverick 10.9 beta 7 it runs i can config. On my Mac mini 10.8.5 it donīt work.
    Canīt config.
    Works on my mac mini running latest OSX Mountain Lion. Please clarify what you mean by "don't work" and "can't config". Thanks.

Yesterday it doesn't work well. I can start asset but i can't go into the configmenue. Safari doesn't start. Today it work's very well! On Maverick and MLion. Verry good job. I use with Naim - N-Stream. Best upnp server for that on the market. Thank you.