title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Only to report when something does not work.

Forgive my ignorance but I have installed this on my Mac Mini and went to configure and do not know which line to put in for music folder. I am using iTunes as the library.
    Thanks for the help!

Administrator

/users/[your user name]/Music/

?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    /users/[your user name]/Music/

?
    Perfect. Works like a charm! Not all art work shows in app and wondered if there is a default for that. Have iTunes taking care of import and it appears that some show up and some don't. It all shows in iTunes buy the way.

Really? No kidding?

:-)

Willem

Administrator

iTunes stores art in 2 ways, for store bought stuff it is in the audio files, for any ripped with iTunes, it is held internally in its own database (if you move those files to a different MAC, they would not have album art). There are utilities to get this art out of iTunes and back into the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    iTunes stores art in 2 ways, for store bought stuff it is in the audio files, for any ripped with iTunes, it is held internally in its own database (if you move those files to a different MAC, they would not have album art). There are utilities to get this art out of iTunes and back into the files.
    Thanks much! Just getting my head around the Mac ecosystem. I appreciate the response.

Hi there. I'm testing Asset UPnP OSX, sitting on an iMac, pointing to two directories on my NAS, and using Asset to control my Linn Akurate DS through Kinsky. I have music mainly stored as Apple Lossless in m4a files. For tagging I mainly use Jaikoz and XLD.

I have some albums that show up double in Asset OSX. For instance, this one album Day Trip (Pat Metheny, Antonio Sanchez & Christian McBride) shows up double, one with the correct track listing, and the other with all the tracks displayed double. This happens both in Kinsky Desktop and Kinsky on my iPhone and iPad. Albums show double in both Artist view and Album view.

Any thoughts on this?

Cheers, Willem
    Netherlands

Administrator

Do you have mp3 versions of the lossless files somewhere?

No, these are m4a files that appear only once on my NAS.

Since I use several media servers in the Kinsky control app (I'm still finding out which one I like best so I use a number of them), I was able to verify that both iTunes and Minimserver show the "double entries" correct as in only once.

Cheers, Willem

same issue (whgmkeller/willem) with double entries here. even a bit worse. no NAS just a freestanding mac with a very, very clean itunes library to be streamed. every entry shows up twice.

besides that: although it is JUST beta (and I know what that means) - very, very promising software/app. can't wait to purchase the release version with full access to playlists and more. some minor issues...

1) that path issue (how to set it up correctly must be made much more simple - typing in a path is so incredibly um-mac-like).

2) the configure user interface should have some help/explanations on what each option does (mouse over / extra help window).

3) please provide an option on WHAT Asset streams/provides. I would rather prefer to have items (like albums, artists, year, etc - that I can toggle on and off by myself rather than to be forced to ignore/overview them within my tiny iphone screen. Just an option.

Cheers,

Lorenz

PS GREAT kudos for the first successful AND reliable integration of cover art for NAIM (n-stream)!!!

Hello illustrate team,

I experience the following issues with the Mac OS X beta version:

When entering the "Asset UPnP Identification" - in my case "Mac", it is not stored permanently. When I restart Asset UPnP it shows an empty field. Also, in the Library view of Kinsky Desktop it shows "Asset UPnP: [computer-name].local" and not as expected "Asset UPnP: Mac"

For Asset UPnP in the Kinsky Desktop Library View only a standard icon with an exclamation mark is shown, no individual icon as for the Windows version of Asset UPnP.

After entering "Apply" I only get the screen: "Asset UPnP server - configuration applied" and sometimes "Rescanning library ...". I would like to see here some more information here like titles / albums counted and already read.
    The look and feel of the config screen is not Apple style at all - here some graphical cleanup and structure would much appreciated.

Same problem as other users here that some albums are showing double entries, where one is linked correctly, the other is linked to another, completely different song, but shows meta data incl. album art of the "correct" song. The other song seems completely random, since it is another artist, different album title, different genre, different duration etc.

It seems that all songs that are displayed only once were wrongly linked when reading the database. Only the entries that show up twice have at least one link right.

My setup:
    Mac Pro with OS X 10.8.2 incl. all updates, running with user, not admin rights
    with Asset UPnP and Kinsky Destktop 4.3.11 and PlugPlayer 4.2.1

Renderer: Linn Akkurate DS

Songs: All stored (ca. 44,500) on a QNAP NAS TS-439 Pro, 99% in FLAC 16 and 24 bit from 44,1 to 192 KHz. A few remaining in MP3.
    On the NAS is running Twonky, minimServer.

Hope the description helps, if you need further information, please feel free to ask

Andreas

P.S. Lots of credits for transferring Asset UPnP to the Mac World. I had considered purchasing a WHS System additionally to my QNAP because of Asset UPnP being the best server (usability, speed etc.) but with WHS not being supported any more and no Hardware on the market, I felt stuck with the Twonkies of the world. So happy now when I saw that you are in beta! with the Mac OS version !!!
    Last edited by ickehier; 12-16-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: additions to post

I use Asset upnp for Mac with a T+A MP1260 and PlugPlayer and it works great for me. My Music is on my Mac in iTunes mostly in AIFF and I see every cover in PlugPlayer..
    Is there any possibility to blind out or rename the folders I can see in PlugPlayer? For example I would like to rename the folder "Style" because I use it for a more exact description of my classical music. And I don't need the folder "titles"
    Thank you
    Michael

Thanks for the ALAC (m4a) fix!
    Transcoding ALAC/FLAC to WAV still doesn't seem to work, though... Sadly, not all my devices understand ALAC/FLAC so it's a deal breaker for me.

Btw. Not sure if the configuration is case-sensitive or not, but "/Users/[username]/Music" with a capital U is probably the safest bet.

Firstly - many thanks for the MAC OS version Spoon! Excellent work as ever.
    FYI, I do experience the same issues on my MAC mini (running OSX lion) as those identified by Ickehier below:

Quote Originally Posted by ickehier View Post
    When entering the "Asset UPnP Identification" - in my case "Mac", it is not stored permanently. When I restart Asset UPnP it shows an empty field. Also, in the Library view of Kinsky Desktop it shows "Asset UPnP: [computer-name].local" and not as expected "Asset UPnP: Mac"

For Asset UPnP in the Kinsky Desktop Library View only a standard icon with an exclamation mark is shown, no individual icon as for the Windows version of Asset UPnP.