title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Asking for a piece of advice:

I am using a HP Homeserver (with 3 hard drives), Windows homeserver software (the old one) with my Linn Akkurate and Sneaky. Basically, this setup works well but not perfect - it suffers from annoying drop outs when I am playing the heaviest 24 bits files. I have tried to play these albums with the Apple version of Assett on one of my computers where this never happens. I have got it explained, that it is some issues with the home server software/hardware theat produces these drop outs. However, as I am more used to Apple hardware, I would like to switch to a more pure Apple solution, and now when there soon will be "real" Assett version for Mac available, I wonder if anybody has any discouraging comments to such a switch. Would it be any known drawbacks of switching to Apple and for example use an Mac Mini for Assett and to store the music?

Eric

Administrator

I do not think there would be issues.

Thank you, Spoon! Incredible quick.

Hi Spoon,

Here is my setup:
    QNAP TS212 Firmware 4.05
    Mac Mini OS 10.9
    Streamer Naim ND5XS
    Remote IPad

I use the Ipad to gain remote access to my macmini via splashtop or Teamviewer
    I have installed the Asset Server on my Mac. In settings i set the path to the appropriate Folder (wonder the NAS was found without using the finder option connect to&*8230;server).
    Asset told me then to restart Asset. After restart the Asset the server starts counting. After a few seconds it shows 80 songs from 14500 (AIFF, FLAC from 16/44khz to 24/192khz).
    Then i switched on my IPAD from the app splashtop or Teamviewer to the APP n-stream for my naim. The Asset server is found, it shows also the folder, but there is no content.
    I switched back to splashtop or Teamviewer to gain access over my mac. The server seams to be running but it says no songs.

When I quit Asset and do a restart, the same procedure stars again.

BTW: I have a registered Asset running on a Barebone pc under Win 7. It runs perfect. . Could there be a conflict running two Assets??

Regards Mike

Administrator

You would be better putting Asset directly on the NAS, there is a version of Asset for the QNAP in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would be better putting Asset directly on the NAS, there is a version of Asset for the QNAP in this section.
    see also my comments in the QNAP testing.

Anyway, i had to reinstall OS10.9 in a clean system. no it seams to work

After 5 days, I can assure that Assett runs even better, completly perfect in my system without any pauses or glitches at all, on a Mac Mini. :smile2: What about the Trial Version then, when it expires, could I download it again and get another trial period waiting for the real version to be released? Thanks again!

It runs now as charming as it does on my windoofs machine. Only on thing. Maybe i did something wrong
    After restart my mac i have to remover the folder(music) content of the asset, have to add it and have to restart Asset. it does not count automaticly

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ericzander View Post
    After 5 days, I can assure that Assett runs even better, completly perfect in my system without any pauses or glitches at all, on a Mac Mini. :smile2: What about the Trial Version then, when it expires, could I download it again and get another trial period waiting for the real version to be released? Thanks again!
    Once the trial runs out, Asset will revert to the free version, which has a few things disabled (such as the playlist menu), everything else is fully functional.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Declaration View Post
    It runs now as charming as it does on my windoofs machine. Only on thing. Maybe i did something wrong
    After restart my mac i have to remover the folder(music) content of the asset, have to add it and have to restart Asset. it does not count automaticly
    Count? you mean count new tracks, or after a restart it looses all tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Count? you mean count new tracks, or after a restart it looses all tracks?
    Exactly, After restart the mac, there is no content. It looses all Tracks. BTW it Takes up to 6 hours to count the Tracks again . 35034 Tracks total

Administrator

Which mac do you have OS X version?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    which mac do you have os x version?
    osx 10.9.1

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Declaration View Post
    Exactly, After restart the mac, there is no content. It looses all Tracks. BTW it Takes up to 6 hours to count the Tracks again . 35034 Tracks total
    When you add your NAS share to Asset, how does it appear on the list? Does it look like "/Volumes/<share name>" ?

It would appear that mounted shares do not automatically come back after OSX reboot, you have to navigate to them manually in order to make them accessible.
    Alternatively, try one of the solutions listed here:
    http://superuser.com/questions/33666...-mac-os-x-lion
    The "put network share in login items for your users" way seems easy and gets the job done, though it doesn't make the share available *immediately* upon signing in.

The issue is being looked into, hopefully we can work this around on Asset side.

Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post
    I still have weird behavior. With some artists with several albums, I don't have the artwork in the Artist view, but when I tap the artist, all the albums are there with the artwork. For information, I use the Album Artist / Album view.
    Just to let you know that I found the reason.
    I hope I will be clear

If some people are also using itunes + Asset:

itunes can automatically get the artwork of any album. In that case, if there is no artwork embedded into the file, Asset doesn't show the artwork while you can see it on itunes.
    You have to manually force itunes to embed the artwork into the file if you want Asset to show it.

It was not easy to find because I usually add the artwork by myself but it seems I missed some album.