title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertus3
    • Dec 2013

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Hi Spoon,

Just like Amosh, I also stream all my ALAC encoded files with Asset to the Musical Fidelity M1 Clic streamer. Asset is really the best!!!!!!
    I encounter the same problem with the iPad control point apps. There seems to be no transcoding. Asset version is 0.8 (1).

Comment

• Wus
      • Aug 2010

How do I unlock Asset UPnP for OSX, where can I buy the license resp.? Can't use folders and filenames anymore :(

Great to have Asset UPnP for Mac!
      Last edited by Wus; 12-16-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is not currently possible to purchase an Asset OSX license, this OSX version will be the same license as the PC one, hopefully in around 5 weeks we will release it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wus
          • Aug 2010

Any chance to reset the trial time of the beta version?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The trial is programmed to be as the commercial release, we have no intentions to reset this.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wus
              • Aug 2010

What's the point of such a short trial period in a beta version which can't be registered? Please, just let me pay for a registered beta ;-)

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Originally posted by robertus3
                Hi Spoon,

Just like Amosh, I also stream all my ALAC encoded files with Asset to the Musical Fidelity M1 Clic streamer. Asset is really the best!!!!!!
                I encounter the same problem with the iPad control point apps. There seems to be no transcoding. Asset version is 0.8 (1).
                Which transcoding option have you set?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Wus
                  What's the point of such a short trial period in a beta version which can't be registered? Please, just let me pay for a registered beta ;-)
                  I cna understand your frustration, however a registered version of Asset for the MAC does not exist.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robertus3
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
                    Which transcoding option have you set?
                    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic:

=DLNADOC
                    [ForceToLPCM]
                    .m4a

That's it. Plugplayer plays m4a, so no transcoding set there. Tried to transcode LPCM to plug player, but then plug player stops playing.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

=DLNADOC

this is the Fidelity, if you browse from the fidelity its self? because if you use say plug player to add tracks to the music fidelity then it would not be =DLNADOC
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• robertus3
                        • Dec 2013

=DLNADOC

this is the Fidelity, if you browse from the fidelity its self? because if you use say plug player to add tracks to the music fidelity then it would not be =DLNADOC
                        Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the quick respons.

You're right, so I tried transcoding to plug player (m4a -> LPCM) in the settings. But plug player then refuses to play those songs on the ipad. Or if I ask plug player to send the songs to the M1 Clic, the M1 Clic doesn't play any songs at all.

Comment

• Niko
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2013

Hi there,

I am new to this forum but tried for half a year various UPnP server software. Very soon tried Asset, really appreciated it, but - having finally got rid of time intensive Windows maintenance - in the beginning I did not want to get back to Windows dependency and looked for software written for Mac.

For urgent needs, I have some minimally equipped WinXP and/or Win7 (meaning operating system, service packs and the needed application program, e.g. Asset) virtual machines running under VMware Fusion. This was the way I used to compare the trial version of Asset 4.1 on PC against the upcoming Mac version.

About one month ago, I experienced the same problem as was reported by AMOSH previously: Asset for Mac showed up only if another server (e.g. Twonky) was started before and thought that this would be fixed within a reasonable time. Again, currently the same as with AMOSH is happening to me with now version 0.8 (1) installed: "Could not start UPnP service - port bind failure, please close other". But, whereas AMOSH's version finally showed up after a few restarts or so, Asset for Mac 0.8 (1) seems to run in a kind of loop: Scanning library for changes, displaying number of tracks and discs, displaying the error message and once again from the beginning.

I tried as well to disable the Windows version of Asset, shut down the respective virtual machine, install Asset for Mac on a different Mac. On both Macs, regardless whether Asset started on one, the other or both - the same result.

Since the two different Macs show different functionality ["Trial 4 days remaining" vs. "Free (Limited)"; the 1st remembers it's changed UPnP ID, the 2nd does not], although the same program version was installed, there must be some hidden informations on the two machines which my Uninstaller does not recognize and which remain, irrespective of a new install with or without removal of the previous program version.

If I understand the above error message correctly, Asset tries to bind to a port which is already occupied by another (similar or identical ?) software. My router is actually a "FRITZ! Box Fon WLAN 7390" manufactured by AVM, Germany. Further I use a Synology DS-1512+, which also uses quite a lot of ports and on which my WAV files, which I want to be handled by Asset, are stored. In addition, I store my iTunes-Library (mainly on the same NAS, however on a separate "public" folder, which is either indexed by Synology's proprietary software (Audio Station), by iTunes and by Synology's own UPnP server ("Media Server"). Furthermore, Synology provides their own firewall on the NAS, and possibly there is a further source of a conflict (if actually too restrictive).

Also, I use 3 Apple "Airport Express" to provided some rooms with "Airport" functionality - actually a cheaper music source, however in a proprietary environment. I would assume that these might as well lock some ports. It might be possible that some of the ports currently used may be shifted, but for that I should know which port(s) Asset wants to use.

As control point, i mainly use Naim Audio's "n-Stream", since the renderer, streamer etc. is a Uniti 2 - simply to avoid possible incompatibility issues, but Linn's Kinski provides some basic function set. If Asset is running e.g. on a Mac under VMware and WinXP, it functions as expected, but - as indicated above - this is not my preferred operating system environment. Maybe the changes made in the Mac version to solve AMOSH's problem has gone too far so that it now is the source of my problem.

Any additional configuration details will be provided on request, but for now this theme seems to be a bit tricky and actually I don't know where to start from to avoid useless tries.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could provide help.

Best regards,
                          Niko
                          Last edited by Niko; 12-20-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Yes Asset uses port 26125, try this: LaunchPad >> Other >> Terminal

Then type (enter password when asked)

sudo lsof -i

This will show which programs have which ports open, see what has the 26125 port open.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Niko
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Dec 2013

Hi,

compliments for impressing reaction speed.

Just sent the result of this command to email address (is there another way within the forum? How ?).

However, I did not find a specific reference to port 26125. Any suggestions for what to do next ?

Regards,
                              Niko
                              Last edited by Spoon; 12-20-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Niko
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2013

Yes Asset uses port 26125, try this: LaunchPad >> Other >> Terminal

Then type (enter password when asked)

sudo lsof -i

This will show which programs have which ports open, see what has the 26125 port open.
                                Hi,

not quite sure if my earlier reply reached you: I did as suggested twice (1st without starting Asset, 2nd with Asset started), but did in neither case found a directly evidenced hook to port 26125. Therefore I sent some hours ago separately a mail containing all details returned by lsof -i hoping to "dbamp (at) dbpoweramp.com" hoping that it might help you to find out what is really preventing Asset from broadcasting that it is up and functioning.

I could also offer an access by Team Viewer, if his would be more helpful - in this case please let me know how to communicate to you my device-ID and password in a save way (direct forum mail to ???).

Regards,
                                Niko

P.S.: If already received my devious reply, pls consider the two replies as a single one.

Comment

Working...

]]>