title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

I have installed the latest beta, and Asset compiles my music database and displays it in my control point, but I cannot get into Asset's configuration menu to change any settings. When I click on 'Configure' the button turns blue but nothing else happens. I am running OS X 10.8.5.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wammer View Post
    I have installed the latest beta, and Asset compiles my music database and displays it in my control point, but I cannot get into Asset's configuration menu to change any settings. When I click on 'Configure' the button turns blue but nothing else happens. I am running OS X 10.8.5.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Unfortunately we cannot duplicate this problem on our macs. It would help if you could post a screenshot of the main app window after clicking 'configure'. Thanks.

Happy to do that, but can't work out how to paste a screenshot (.jpg or .png) into my post!!

Administrator

Email the screenshot please:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

Screenshot emailed.

Administrator

Updated to beta 5

With fix for configuration page which would not always show.

Hi Spoon,

I love the new version. Dynamic browsing is great and the option to customise the tree. I'm having one persistent issue on my iMac (OS X 10.8.5) and that is launching and restarting Asset. I had almost given up on Asset ever working and in the end I installed Twonky to try that server out - Twonky it turns out is useless to me because my Music is in ALAC which my streamer doesn't support and transcoding is too complicated to get working. In any case it turns out when Twonky (even the expired trial version) is running on my Mac, Asset will launch perfectly. Shut down Twonky and Asset keeps running. Restarting Asset is impossible without first launching Twonky. I am hoping to find some advice from you or others on this forum as to what might be wrong with my OS X configuration. Note, this issue also affects the Songbird Media server. It won't launch unless Twonky is running but is also OK to carry on once you shut down Twonky. Of course I have a workaround but I don't want to use system resources running an expired version of Twonky forever just to support Asset.

Second question: is it possible to have the album name in the song titles list and if so how? I browse for example a song title and find I have 6 versions, four by Bob Dylan and two by another artist. I see the artist because it appears in square brackets after the song title. It would be a massive help if I could also see in more brackets after the artist, the album the song is from. E.g.

Song Title 1 [Bob Dylan][Album 1]
    Song Title 1 [Bob Dylan][Album 2]

Regards,
    amosh

Apologies if this has been raised elsewhere, but now that I have Asset UPnP up and running on my iMac following the Configuration fix (thanks, Spoon) I find that it only displays the first-named artist when there are multiple artists present. I use the \\ separator for multiple artists. Is this a problem for Asset?

Administrator

Displays when searching the list of artists? or when playing a track?

When searching. For example, when searching in Library>Asset UPnP>Genre>Chamber, an album of Beethoven violin sonatas performed by Martha Argerich and Gidon Kremer is only listed under Argerich, not Kremer. I have tested several other multi-artist albums in several different control points with the same result.

Administrator

There should be an option under General Settings called 'Contributing Artists with Main Artists'

Thanks, Spoon. Problem solved.

Very impressed by the latest Beta of Asset. I used to use it all the time on my Windows PC before switching to Apple, and I have missed it. A version that would run on QNAPs would be even better!

Im sorry but where can I find the download link to the latest version of Asset for MAC OSX?

Quote Originally Posted by robertjwarren View Post
    Im sorry but where can I find the download link to the latest version of Asset for MAC OSX?
    In the first post to this thread. It should be the latest version.

Hi,

Any news on the release date? Thanks