title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Yes Niko,

When I solved this issue, I also got rid of EyeConnect using the uninstaller from Elgato. As stated in earlier posts, you can get Asset and EyeConnect to coexist but it involves installing Twonky (expired Twonky trial license is OK) and always launching Twonky first before Asset. Don't ask why that works but it indicates to me there is must be a possible solution for Asset. Songbird upnp plugin also suffers from EyeConnect in the same way but with EyeConnect gone, Asset and Songbird's upnp servers coexist fine. Reason I have both is Asset shares my iTunes library (no FLACs) while I use The 2nd server to share my FLACs. If both folders were on Asset I wouldn't know what I was picking up and would see duplicates of all my HDTracks purchases I've made ALAC copies of and put in iTunes.

My own long term solution has been to uninstall and stop using EyeConnect on the Mac with Asset on it. Asset is far more important to me than tv sharing to IOS devices. Twonky is now also uninstalled and Asset is working great.

Looking forward to Asset full release.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Great job, amosh !

Indeed, EyeConnect is as well on my Mac the offending item, and now Asset starts as expected and is within a few seconds visible on my iPad. For all who have the same problem as users of EyeTV, here is what I did:

1. Go to Elgato Support page regarding EyeConnect (http://www.elgato.com/en/video/eyeconnect/support) and download the &*8222;EyeConnect Uninstaller&*8220; to your Mac.

2. Execute the downloaded program - you do not need to move it to your Programs folder, but you may do so, if you do this usually. You will be prompted for an admin&*8217;s password. By doing this, in EyeTV preferences the option &*8222;Enable access from EyeTV for iPhone&*8220; will be unchecked.

3. Start Asset now - and it will come up and function. Start playing a disc or a playlist to see whether the following steps interrupt your music.

4. Start EyeTV now (if not done to see whether EyeTV preferences have changed as described in step 2.) and select &*8222;Preferences &*8230;&*8220;, and go to the &*8222;iphone&*8220; panel., which should look like this: http://files.elgato.com/supportimage...phoneprefs.jpg . The first checkbox &*8222;Enable access from EyeTV for iPhone&*8220; will now be unchecked, whereas the checkbox &*8222;Use My EyeTV&*8220; may have the status as it had before, but the whole item should appear in grey, since the item may not be selected as long as the first item is unchecked.

5. Just for testing purposes, check the first checkbox again, if you remember that it was before execution of step 2. Then start EyeTV on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and you may now watch TV on this device or program the recording of a movie or whatever you used to do with the EyeTV app. Note that the music should be still playing via Asset, and Asset should be still available for playback on your controller.

6. Now quit Asset on your Mac, the music will stop playing and Asset will disappear from your controller.

7. Start Asset on your Mac again. After some time the message &*8222;Could not start UPnP services &*8230;&*8220; will appear.

8. Go to EyeTV on your Mac, Preferences, iPhone, and uncheck the first checkbox. This will not change Asset&*8217;s status, but you will not be able to access EyeTV on your Mac from EyeTV on your iPhone or other portable iOS-device.

9. Repeat step 2., after which Asset, as started under step 7, will function again.

For the moment, this workaround allows further testing. But I do sincerely hope that the final version of Asset will function without the above workaround, since both - Asset and EyeTV - may become unstable, if remote access to EyeTV is enabled after starting Asset.

Otherwise a lot of nice remote access abilities to EyeTV will be unavailable as long as Asset is used, and the above mentioned workaround may be not suitable for the unexperienced user. Since Asset under Windows - although running under VMware, does not show this issue, I am confident that there should exist some other solution method so that EyeTV and Asset may both coexist in &*8222;native mode&*8220; on a Mac.

If my impression of Mr. Spoon and his crew is correct, they will find a suitable solution for this issue making the described workaround obsolete.

Hoping all of you had nice Christmas holidays,
    Niko

Administrator

Update 30th January

- Added auto lookup for common music folder paths on first startup
    - Internet radio handling fixes
    - Fixed playlist handling- now paths beginning with / are presumed absolute
    - Improved album art picture caching - reduced CPU usage with repeated album art requests
    - Fixed nonsensical bitrate value reported to UPnP control points & renderers

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for the great work! Been trying the raspberry pi and the mac apps. Both working fine.

Just one question: my license for the mac is expiring in one day. As I cannot yet buy a mac license, what do you advise me to do?

Thanks, Robert.

Administrator

Asset will expire and only some of the more advanced functionality will be disabled, we will only have a registered version available on full release.

Ok thanks.

Hi Spoon ,
    I have been using Asset UPNP with my Mac Mini from the beginning and all worked fine. But with the update from January 30th the album art in the first layer has disappeared...I use the T+A Control App as Control point..My Music Folder in Asset is called iTunes and in this folder I could always see my Album artists with one cover. Now I see just a folder Symbol ( for example Miles Davis ) and when I click on it, I see the different albums with cover art. Is this a feature?
    If I use Plugplayer all works as before, but with the T+A App I can adjust the volume..
    Thanks for the great work!
    Michael

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin123 View Post
    Hi Spoon ,
    I have been using Asset UPNP with my Mac Mini from the beginning and all worked fine. But with the update from January 30th the album art in the first layer has disappeared...I use the T+A Control App as Control point..My Music Folder in Asset is called iTunes and in this folder I could always see my Album artists with one cover. Now I see just a folder Symbol ( for example Miles Davis ) and when I click on it, I see the different albums with cover art. Is this a feature?
    If I use Plugplayer all works as before, but with the T+A App I can adjust the volume..
    Thanks for the great work!
    Michael
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Does using the 'rescan all' command make your artist images appear again?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Thank you for your feedback.
    Does using the 'rescan all' command make your artist images appear again?
    I'm sorry for my bad english, I think this is the biggest problem..
    If I click on my music library (itunes) I can see my folders..in my case the first folder is "Album artists' and in all earlier versions of asset upnp I could see in this "Album artist" folder a cover picture of one album after the name of the album artist.
    In the newest version I have no album art in this folder. If I click on one Album artist, I can see the different albums with the complete album art..
    If I reinstall the version before I can see the album art in the "Album artist"-folder again..
    Rescan did not change this..
    Thank you..

Administrator

@Lohengrin123

It is good if you have the old and new version, if you can do this:

Install old version, enable the debug logging and using your control point browse to the album-artist folder.

Get the log file and save as oldasset.txt

Now install the new Asset and do the same please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    @Lohengrin123

It is good if you have the old and new version, if you can do this:

Install old version, enable the debug logging and using your control point browse to the album-artist folder.

Get the log file and save as oldasset.txt

Now install the new Asset and do the same please.
    Hi Spoon ,
    i am not sure how I can send you the log files because I can' see the"save as" button...
    but I clicked to "Output Debug Log"
    Michael

Hi Spoon ,
    I tried it but I can't find the button "Save as".. I checked the box "Output Debug log" but what Else can I do. to send you the .txt files?
    Michael

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin123 View Post
    Hi Spoon ,
    I tried it but I can't find the button "Save as".. I checked the box "Output Debug log" but what Else can I do. to send you the .txt files?
    Michael
    Steps to export debug logs on OSX:
    1. Enter Asset UPnP Configuration dialog.
    2. Toggle "Output Debug Log" checkbox under General Settings.
    3. Apply the configuration changes.
    4. Reproduce the issue you wish to post debug logs of.
    5. Open the Asset UPnP Configuration dialog again.
    6. Click "View Debug Log" button - two TextEdit windows with log files will open.
    7. In TextEdit, you can either copy & paste the content to an email message, or use File / Duplicate & File / Save menu commands to save text files that you can attach to an email message.

Now that I am using the QNAP bets I no longer need the Mac version and wish to delete it. Is there anything that I need to do beyond dragging the app to trash in order to ensure that I don't leave any bits behind?

Administrator

That should be enough to remove it.

Administrator

Update 10th Janaury

- Scanning no longer recurses into hidden folders (dot-prefixed, .folder).
    - Greatly reduced CPU & RAM usage when refreshing large librarires
    - Faster response to user requested library refresh
    - Fixed possible library data corruption; if you&*8217;re experiencing issues, we recommend doing a full library refresh.
    - Improved internet radio compatibility.
    - Improved application stability.