title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

Administrator

Re: Asset UPnP For OSX (MAC)

We have your email thanks and are investigating further.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Hi,

not quite sure if my earlier reply reached you: I did as suggested twice (1st without starting Asset, 2nd with Asset started), but did in neither case found a directly evidenced hook to port 26125. Therefore I sent some hours ago separately a mail containing all details returned by lsof -i hoping to "dbamp (at) dbpoweramp.com" hoping that it might help you to find out what is really preventing Asset from broadcasting that it is up and functioning.

I could also offer an access by Team Viewer, if his would be more helpful - in this case please let me know how to communicate to you my device-ID and password in a save way (direct forum mail to ???).

Regards,
    Niko

P.S.: If already received my devious reply, pls consider the two replies as a single one.
    I have a feeling in my case EyeConnect might have been the offending item. I have EyeTV on my iMac and I think on launching the app at some time, sharing has been enabled accidentally. In any case after months of trying, I have no more dependency on Twonky to unlock Asset and Asset launches instantly. I can't imagine why Twonky has the effect of unlocking Asset but it does seem to. I also have three Apple TVs and 3 Airport Express for streaming on same network and this causes no problems at all for Asset.

Quote Originally Posted by robertus3 View Post
    Musical Fidelity M1 Clic:

=DLNADOC
    [ForceToLPCM]
    .m4a

That's it. Plugplayer plays m4a, so no transcoding set there. Tried to transcode LPCM to plug player, but then plug player stops playing.
    Got it at last:
    1) For it all to work with ALAC's including up to 96KHz/24bit ALAC .m4a's, I don't set any forcing for the Musical Fidelity M1Clic - by the way mine shows up as "KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0" rather than just plain DLNADOC. WhenI've experimented with forcing, I used this whole long name. The M1Clic doesn't need any force settings though. Asset and the M1 Clic seem to work things out between each other and my ALACs come through at full resolution.

2) I also got 8player for iPad working as a control point at last with the following settings:
    =8player/2.0
    [ForceToLPCM]
    This might have the impact of preventing 8player working on the iPad itself but I haven't tried it. That's not why I bought it. So using the 8player control point with M1Clic as the renderer then works out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by amosh View Post
    Got it at last:
    1) For it all to work with ALAC's including up to 96KHz/24bit ALAC .m4a's, I don't set any forcing for the Musical Fidelity M1Clic - by the way mine shows up as "KnOS/3.2 bridgeCo-DMP/3.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0" rather than just plain DLNADOC. WhenI've experimented with forcing, I used this whole long name. The M1Clic doesn't need any force settings though. Asset and the M1 Clic seem to work things out between each other and my ALACs come through at full resolution.

2) I also got 8player for iPad working as a control point at last with the following settings:
    =8player/2.0
    [ForceToLPCM]
    This might have the impact of preventing 8player working on the iPad itself but I haven't tried it. That's not why I bought it. So using the 8player control point with M1Clic as the renderer then works out fine.
    Mine also shows up like "Kno ............. 2.0". But for what I understand a small part from this line identifies the whole line. But I'm surprised you don't force anything to the M1 Clic. Mine doesn't play without forcing .... I'll test it once again tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by amosh View Post
    I have a feeling in my case EyeConnect might have been the offending item. I have EyeTV on my iMac and I think on launching the app at some time, sharing has been enabled accidentally. In any case after months of trying, I have no more dependency on Twonky to unlock Asset and Asset launches instantly. I can't imagine why Twonky has the effect of unlocking Asset but it does seem to. I also have three Apple TVs and 3 Airport Express for streaming on same network and this causes no problems at all for Asset.
    Great job, amosh !

Indeed, EyeConnect is as well on my Mac the offending item, and now Asset starts as expected and is within a few seconds visible on my iPad. For all who have the same problem as users of EyeTV, here is what I did:

1. Go to Elgato Support page regarding EyeConnect (http://www.elgato.com/en/video/eyeconnect/support) and download the &*8222;EyeConnect Uninstaller&*8220; to your Mac.

2. Execute the downloaded program - you do not need to move it to your Programs folder, but you may do so, if you do this usually. You will be prompted for an admin&*8217;s password. By doing this, in EyeTV preferences the option &*8222;Enable access from EyeTV for iPhone&*8220; will be unchecked.

3. Start Asset now - and it will come up and function. Start playing a disc or a playlist to see whether the following steps interrupt your music.

4. Start EyeTV now (if not done to see whether EyeTV preferences have changed as described in step 2.) and select &*8222;Preferences &*8230;&*8220;, and go to the &*8222;iphone&*8220; panel., which should look like this: http://files.elgato.com/supportimage...phoneprefs.jpg . The first checkbox &*8222;Enable access from EyeTV for iPhone&*8220; will now be unchecked, whereas the checkbox &*8222;Use My EyeTV&*8220; may have the status as it had before, but the whole item should appear in grey, since the item may not be selected as long as the first item is unchecked.

5. Just for testing purposes, check the first checkbox again, if you remember that it was before execution of step 2. Then start EyeTV on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and you may now watch TV on this device or program the recording of a movie or whatever you used to do with the EyeTV app. Note that the music should be still playing via Asset, and Asset should be still available for playback on your controller.

6. Now quit Asset on your Mac, the music will stop playing and Asset will disappear from your controller.

7. Start Asset on your Mac again. After some time the message &*8222;Could not start UPnP services &*8230;&*8220; will appear.

8. Go to EyeTV on your Mac, Preferences, iPhone, and uncheck the first checkbox. This will not change Asset&*8217;s status, but you will not be able to access EyeTV on your Mac from EyeTV on your iPhone or other portable iOS-device.

9. Repeat step 2., after which Asset, as started under step 7, will function again.

For the moment, this workaround allows further testing. But I do sincerely hope that the final version of Asset will function without the above workaround, since both - Asset and EyeTV - may become unstable, if remote access to EyeTV is enabled after starting Asset.

Otherwise a lot of nice remote access abilities to EyeTV will be unavailable as long as Asset is used, and the above mentioned workaround may be not suitable for the unexperienced user. Since Asset under Windows - although running under VMware, does not show this issue, I am confident that there should exist some other solution method so that EyeTV and Asset may both coexist in &*8222;native mode&*8220; on a Mac.

If my impression of Mr. Spoon and his crew is correct, they will find a suitable solution for this issue making the described workaround obsolete.

Hoping all of you had nice Christmas holidays,
    Niko

I am new to this so please bare with me! I have Asset on a Mac Mini attached, wired, to switch, along with QNap NAS and a Naim ND5XS - in that switch is an Airport Express - control point in n-Stream app!

All working - but small issue with some albums showing up in Artist Album as separate albums (split up) it looks like it is looking at them as compilations! e.g Oscar Peterson Night Train, slit up looks like a couple of Them have Oscar With trio and the rest no trio and album is slit up as 2 albums. That is just one example, there are more! Some of them with guest artist on the albums, maybe as many as four or five guests, and them tracks are split up into step orate albums of the same title.

I guess it treats the as compilation - if so is the a switch in asset to deal with this, or various artist/computations? Or do I need a different control point maybe?

My folder structure is simple on NAS is simple - Shared folder called music > Artist > Artist album!

Thanks,

Dave

Oh and my music is AIFF, if that helps!

Thanks,
    Dave

Administrator

If there is no 'album artist' set, and you have multiple different artists per track then set a Compilation tag to the value of 1.

If there is an overall artist then set the album artist.

Thank you... Exactly, where and how to do that - tag editor or within Asset? Sorry!

Administrator

You could look Advanced Search >> Album artist

if it is not in there, then you would use a tag editor to add an album artist (the same one) for all tracks of that album.

Hi ALL

I've been using Asset for a while now. I think I've tried nearly all alternatives on the MAC platform and so far, Asset is really the best.

However I have 2 questions/requests :
    1st : I still miss itunes playlist. Is it on the 2014 to do list ? or is there a way to add them manually ?

2nd : I have an artwork problem.
    When an artist/ a song is already on a compilation, then the original artist album shows the compilation artwork and not the original artwork. (I'm not sure my explanation is fine, If not I can send screenshot).
    I'm using a Naim Superuniti as a renderer, Asset on my imac as the server and the naim app for ipad/iphone as control point (N-stream). I've tried several control point but the naim app is still the best.

I don't know if this behavior is normal with asset or if the problem comes from N-stream but with other upnp server I don't have this issue.
    It's quite boring as I have a lot of compilations (nearly 30) which includes a lot of my favorite artist. (I can even say these compilations are great source to find new artist)

I think I read something about that before but I don't find where (here or Naim forum)
    Have you heard of this issue before ? How could I force Asset to scan and show each album artwork ?

thanks

Julien

Administrator

1) Asset does not read playlists held internally in iTunes
    2) Yes it is normal (for upstream artwork), the first found artwork is used where the artist is the main artist, even for compilations

thanks for quick feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    2) Yes it is normal (for upstream artwork), the first found artwork is used where the artist is the main artist, even for compilations
    Concerning artwork, I think I've read this before.
    Is there any way to change this or change my artwork managment (for instance, include folder.jpg...) ?

Julien

Administrator

Your compilations, if you remove them from the scanned folder, then do a refresh all, then put them back, the art would be from main albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your compilations, if you remove them from the scanned folder, then do a refresh all, then put them back, the art would be from main albums.

I've done a similar trick: renamed them with a Z and then renamed them again and it's now fine. It was too complicated to remove them from the scanned folder because it's my itunes library and I let itunes manage the music.

So now the artwork problem has changed , when a track is remixed, the original album get the remix artwork but I don't have much occurrences so I can live with and it's still much better.
    No possibility to change the way Asset manages the artwork ?

I still have weird behavior. With some artists with several albums, I don't have the artwork in the Artist view, but when I tap the artist, all the albums are there with the artwork. For information, I use the Album Artist / Album view.