title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Various issues using Asset uPNP

Various issues using Asset uPNP

Hello, I have had asset up & working for a few days now, accessing via the Stream Magic 6 player from CA, controlled by the Stream Magic iPad app.

I am having the following issues and would appreciate any assistance you may be able to give.
    1. I am finding that the jukebox track selection playlist is not accurate - I will choose 1 song but the player plays something different: E.g. I chose Canadian brass song and got the eagles instead
    2. Alphanumeric search does not work - it never returns search results
    3. The random play doesn't choose a very random selection of tracks

Administrator

Re: Various issues using Asset uPNP

1. Is possibly a bug in the Stream Magic, as this feature has been around and used for about 1.5 years and has never been brought up before.
    2. Our search quite specific as to what fields it can support.
    3. The random feature uses the rating of the files to weight the results.

WRT *1 - I have logged the same issue with CA, I hope they do not suggest it is an Asset issue - I just want it to work - could it be a misalignment of the album art with the song that is causing this?
    2) When I enter the title of a song into alphanumeric search, sometimes is returns quickly, but, sometimes I never get a response, any suggestions?
    3) More info: When allowing the entire song to play, the random is working just fine, however the "next" button to skip a song does not work - is that a SM or an Asset issue?

Thanks

Administrator

3) Asset only does random at the selection level, your player if pressing next does not work, that is an issue with the player (perhaps related to 1)
    2) Sorry we do not have any.

Should there be to Asset upnp processes running on my PC, I wonder if the trialware did not unintstall correctly and if that would be contributing to my instability?

Administrator

>Should there be to Asset upnp processes running on my PC,

Only if Asset is installed, if you uninstall Asset then it is all gone from the system.