title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: >> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

Administrator

Re: >> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

Make sure there are no 'Power Pack DSP effects' that are running.

Interesting.

I have here an mp3 that refuses to be converted to mp4! What happens is that the file seems to convert properly, but if I play the mp4, the ipod goes 'ZZZT (very loud noise for half a second) and then resumes playing the track.

Winamp on the other hand (with audiocoding's mp4 plugin 2.0) says "Negative Scalefactor found, should be impossible" and stops playing.

The source mp3 seems fine, though I have no tools to check if this mp3 is 'perfect', all I know is it plays and no skips/stutters or anything at the offending location.

Should I mail this mp3 somewhere for analysis, or can someone point me to an mp3 analyser program that can tell me if its just the mp3 that's bad?

Im using the 'slow' encoder, latest beta..
    Last edited by puntloos; 10-15-2003 at 10:44 AM.

Administrator

Unregistered

Doesnt look like the tags when generated from wma to mp4 work with itunes 4.1 for windows.
    Obviously this'd be nice to have

Unregistered

Oh and anyway to convert to m4a rather than mp4?
    Thanks again

Unregistered

mp3 to mp4 doesnt produce tags understood by itunes 4.1 either :( Did work out how to produce m4a files though, so dont worry about that. (It's in the options file where the codec is installed for those who are interested). .mp4 change to .m4a
    Dunno why I wanna do that, I guess so that itunes and the rest of my files match up.
    Anyway, here's hoping for tagging support for itunes soon

Unregistered

I have a Itunes file does this convert it to MP3? I know they are protected but so what.

Unregistered

Crashes on me. WinXP SP1.
    I installed just the first file first, crash. So installed the 2nd file, same thing, crash. Again this is trying to convert a .m4p files downloaded from Itunes.

Administrator

m4p cannot be converted, only Apples programs have access to those.

Bug in mp4 Beta 5

I've been trying to convert my .flac files to .mp4 files for use with iPod.
    The mp4Beta5 release seems to work occasionally on converting one file to mp4 format (which I rename to m4a to get iTunes 4.1 for Windows) to recognize the tags.

When trying to convert multiple files at the same time (more than 10 files), all the files generated come out as 1KB long. Once this behavior starts happening, even single file conversion becomes problematic until I reboot the PC.

I have instaleld both the mp4-aacenc and mp4 Beta 5 codecs (as well as flac). I am running on Windows 2000 PC, Pentium 4 with 1GB RAM.

If you know of a work-around or have a bug fix, please let us know.

Boris

Better late than never - email sent with pointers to the (broken?) mp3 and the resulting mp4.

The 'bug' in the mp4 is at 1:53 or thereabouts, the ipod sometimes plays static for half a second, and one time it played it just fine (but it -might- be that I had it on there in mp3 format as well).

Itunes plays it OK too, a little stutter.

Administrator

Re: Bug in mp4 Beta 5

@Boris

Make sure you only have one conversion running at once.

Puntloos, I will look at the files ASAP.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Make sure there are no 'Power Pack DSP effects' that are running.
    Hi Spoon,
    this is really funny. DSP effects were disabled. This time I´ve enabled !!! DSP effects (I´ve registered Power Pack), but only Normalize function and now it works everything fine ... but I don´t know why :-)

However thanks for the DSP tip.

Greetings from Germany

Question Re: >> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

Hello,

I really like dbpoweramp and I used it all the time but I'd like to report a problem with this beta of the mp4 codec.

This seems a little minor but I cannot include any Album Art, using iTunes, into the mp4 music files that are created using dbPowerAmp beta 10 rc 1.1 with the mp4 beta 5 codec. I tried the original version as well as the alternative version. I can add Album Art into the m4a files created by iTunes but not from m4a (renamed from mp4) files created by dbPowerAmp so I'm thinking it has something to do with the beta codec in dbPowerAmp.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Administrator

iTunes have just been released, it will take a short while until the two are fully compatible.