title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: >> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

Administrator

>> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

Mp4 Codec for dBpowerAMP: encodes and decodes mp4 files. These files are 100% compatible with iPods and iTunes (correctly tagged).

This new beta adds the ability to decode AAC-HE (think like mp3pro), low bitrate mp4 files. Currently only Nero can create such files.
    A genre tagging fix has been made, and that bug where the bitrate couldn't be selected on the Audio CD Input compression page has also been fixed.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...odec-mp4b5.exe

1.2MB

after installing the above (it uses fastenc AAC encoder) if you want a slightly higher quality encoder, but slower encoder then install this mp4-aacenc codec over the top:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...cenc-alter.exe

327KB
    Last edited by Spoon; 09-18-2003 at 05:11 PM.

Unregistered

Re: >> Beta: mp4 Beta 5

So does it works on ipod?

Is there a way to make it work on a Nomad Jukebox?

Brazil

dBpoweramp Guru

i must say i am very impressed so far with this mp4 codec. does it do lossless as well?

Administrator

No, although I think lossless is part of the mp4 spec, so it might be implemented one day.

Administrator

>So does it works on ipod?

Yes

>Is there a way to make it work on a Nomad Jukebox?

No

Unregistered

No

That was not the answer that I wanted to hear :(

Unregistered

I can't get it to play songs I download from the apple music store... any ideas?

I'm running win xp

Administrator

These songs are protected by Apple. Only apples programs can read them :(

Unregistered

Where can I find info about the bitrates? For example, Normal/Tape/Radio/etc. are listed but I can't find what this corresponds to.
    Is it possible to use very low bitrates (the lowest listed is 48kbit) - I have a lot of spoken word and radio shows that I wanted to cut down. 20-24 k mp3 usually sounds fine, so I would think I could go 16 or so mp4 if I re-rip them.
    Thanks

Unregistered

Couple of problems with the beta (and the alternate encoder). I'm using this with dbMC and converting 128 kbps mp3 to 96 kbps mp4.

First, the conversion didn't convert the entire file, cutting off the song quite abruptly.

Second, quite possibly a dumb question, but shouldn't dbMC preserve ID tags when it converts from mp3 to mp4? At least in my case, it isn't. The resulting title is the name of the file and all other tags are unknown. Is this perhaps a known feature of the beta to be fixed later?

These issues aside, the quality is excellent. Now that I've switched from Creative to an iPod, I'd like to convert to AAC 96 kbps to get my library to fit. dbMC is an attractive alternative to re-ripping my entire (10000 song) CD collection.

Stephen

Administrator

>First, the conversion didn't convert the entire file, cutting off the song quite abruptly.

Try coverting to wave, is all the audio there? is this all mp3s or just one?

>The resulting title is the name of the file and all other tags are unknown.

Should do, just fixed a bug in dMC that could cause this, get the Sveta Beta4.1 from this beta section.

Administrator

The presets with names are variable bit rate so the size is not set, just try them and see.

Unhappy Re: converting FROM mp4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Spoondude,
    Thank you very much for this great software and all your time and effort.

I've installed the above beta software to my dbpoweramp directory. In convert view when I right click, I see where a track can be converted to an mp4 when I right-click an mp3. I'm trying to convert an existing mp4, but when I right-click on it, no converter.

Any help is appreciated,
    Johnny Law
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Administrator

Re: converting FROM mp4

Reading it again, you can convert Mp3 to mp4, but not mp4 to anything?

Re: converting FROM mp4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Reading it again, you can convert Mp3 to mp4, but not mp4 to anything?
    Spoonman,
    Correct. mp4 is currently not associated with any player. When I right-click on the file (running Win2k), I basically get the open with... dialog.

When I open dbpoweramp converter and scroll to the directory where the mp4 track is located, converter does not display the mp4. Clicking on "converting" tab on top, the drop down does not display mp4 capabilities.

Thanks,
    Johnny Law
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~