title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track order after ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpeg
    • Sep 2012

Track order after ripping

I'm newbie and I hope my question is not too simple.

I'm very fond of classical music and I'm trying to transfer all my CDs on my NAS by using dBp ripper. My concern is coming from the fact that after ripping the tracks are ranged by alphabetic order instead of being ranged by track number (naming is the following: [composer]\[album]\[track]-[title]). This means that I have to launch each track of my CD recorded to be sure to read a concerto (for instance) in the right order.

Has anybody an idea on this?

JPEG
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Track order after ripping

It will be a combination of UPnP server and control point which is showing in alphabetical, filenames are not used (actually on some upnp servers you can browse by filename), but mainly they browse by metadata.

dBpoweramp writes the track number to the ID Tags, there is nothing further it can do.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jpeg
      • Sep 2012

Ok, many thanks for your prompt reply.

Comment

• smisk
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jan 2009

Would be great if ripper after finishing ripping with errors (error/insecure) selected the affected tracks and de-selected the Secure/AccurateRipped tracks.
        Especially after reinserting the disc (presumably after cleaning) and reading the local cache this would be a nice time-saver.

Also, when running with some tracks selected and some de-selected like this, would be great if the playlist writer [u]updated[/a] the existing playlist instead of overwriting it [optionally after checking that the specified filenames in the playlist indeed exist in the target director]. The current behaviour ssentially loses the existing track info in the playlist, generating a new playlist file containing only the re-ripped tracks.
        (The above should assume that the disc in question was found in the local dbpoweramp cache and that all filenames [generated from the cached metadata] were unchanged)

Comment

• silverps3
          • Apr 2013

I have similar problem with the song order (mpod controlling Bryston BDP-1)
          The strange thing I observe is that albums ripped to flac are in correct order but not those ripped to wave.
          The tags in both seem identical.

I'm at a total loss. Any advice please...

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Your player most likely cannot read the ID Tags in wave.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• silverps3
              • Apr 2013

Guess you are right. So in my case, is the problem with mpod or the Bryston BDP?

I went in to edit the title tag (adding track number) and it restored the order, but kind of tedious. For future ripping I will have to add the track number for the title as well.

Comment

• silverps3
                • Apr 2013

Oh, not so simple as I thought. Naming option only affects the naming of audio files. It doesn't affect the meta tag.

Is there a simple way for me to include track number at the start of track title??

Thanks very much!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try AIFF instead as the encoder.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• silverps3
                    • Apr 2013