title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems reaching dbpoweramp.com, accuraterip.com, perfecttunes.com, audiosafe.com

Administrator

Problems reaching dbpoweramp.com, accuraterip.com, perfecttunes.com, audiosafe.com

Due to the DoS attack on godaddys dns servers (one of the largest domain registrars on the internet), the DNS is not resolving for our domain names, until either:

enough time passes (2 to 24 hours) that new 3rd dns server comes into play,
    godaddy stop the DoS

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problems reaching dbpoweramp.com, accuraterip.com, perfecttunes.com, audiosafe.co

apparrently it wasnt a DDoS attack

"It was not a 'hack' and it was not a denial of service attack (DDoS)," GoDaddy Interim CEO Scott Wagner wrote in an e-mail. "We have determined the service outage was due to a series of internal network events that corrupted router data tables."

some more info http://arstechnica.com/security/2012...t-ddos-attack/

Administrator

Re: Problems reaching dbpoweramp.com, accuraterip.com, perfecttunes.com, audiosafe.co

I am sort of disappointed that GoDaddys DNS servers might not have been two isolated systems, that is the whole point of redundancy. Perhaps is the time to switch from Godaddy, they have been getting such negative press / events recently.

dBpoweramp Guru

yes it is strange. I'm not sure if namecheap.com has DNS the type of DNS servers you need? i know they have been going well over the years.

dBpoweramp Guru

Oh Liquidweb.com used to be brilliant especially with customer service. In fact they are one of the very few companies that protect their customers first. By that i mean if your server gets used for something that breaches policy your server does not get unplugged and ask questions later. they ask questions first and give the customer the benifit of the doubt first. and thats unusual as most companies pull your server first!! (stay away from servstra.com)

well at least that was my experience with them a few years ago.
    Last edited by Razgo; 09-12-2012 at 08:58 PM.