title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can you change FLAC 24 bit to 16 bit while lowering sample rate?

Question Can you change FLAC 24 bit to 16 bit while lowering sample rate?

Is it possible to change from 24 bit to 16 bit using the software? Am I missing a menu option to do this?
    I have purchased a licensed copy of the software and am pleased with the flexibility and many codecs it supports.

I have a number of high quality music files ( FLAC 24 bit 96KHz, 24 bit, 192KHz) that I would like to downconvert to 16 bit 44.1 KHz files.
    Mainly to make them compatible with the SanDisk Clip + device which is a cool little device but won't handle 24 bit files.

I have a COWON PMP that will play everything but the 192 KHz files...of course, Foobar will play them on the computer.
    Just looking for the flexiblity to carry the tiny SanDisk device but still keep high quality FLAC files.

Any advice is certainly appreciated!

Re: Can you change FLAC 24 bit to 16 bit while lowering sample rate?

Yes, someone please answer this. Converting 24 Bit FLAC to 16 bit FLAC is the only reason I installed this program. How do you do it? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Can you change FLAC 24 bit to 16 bit while lowering sample rate?

Convert FLAC -> FLAC, and use DSP effects (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-dsp.htm): Bit Depth to go from 24 to 16 bit, and Resample to go from 48 to 44.1KHz. That should do the trick
    Last edited by matt_t; 08-26-2012 at 08:58 PM.