title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Searching FLAC files returns both audio and video results

Searching FLAC files returns both audio and video results

I'm running AssetUPnP v4 and when searching my collection of FLAC audio files the search results always appears under both the audio and video heading in the controller. I've tried both BubbleUPnP and UPnPPlay on my Android phone as controller and they both give the same result so I suspect it's AssetUPnP that returns the wrong search result or classification.

Administrator

Re: Searching FLAC files returns both audio and video results

By video you mean .fla files for flash?

No, there are no video files at all. There are only FLAC audio files but they are shown under the Audio search results heading as well as under the Video search results heading.

Administrator

Ok understood, Asset does not have a video section so not sure why the player is listing there, we return the files as audio tracks.

I've done some analyzing of the network traffic between the client and the server and I can see that the client is asking for both audio and video results in two separate search requests, one with SearchCriteria containing "upnp:class derivedfrom 'object.item.audioItem'" and one containing "upnp:class derivedfrom 'object.item.videoItem'". The server answers both requests with the same content which is tagged as audio in both cases. The client does however interpret the results as Audio and Video respectively, probably because it was searching for Audio and Video, respectively.

Administrator

Will fix for R4.1 release.