title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unable to Play.....The track is not encoded correctly

Unable to Play.....The track is not encoded correctly

I have succesfully been using dppoweramp to rip my cd's as .flac, I use Sonos to play them.
    A customer of mine also has dbpoweramp, He rips his cd's as .flac and plays them thru Linn DS and Sonos.
    Or at least He thought he did, since recently he has realised his Sonos will not read ANY of the cd's he has ripped, only the Linn DS will play them!
    I have taken a couple of his files that he has ripped to my home system and found the same thing, they will not play thru my Sonos either.
    All I get and all my customer gets is maybe 1sec of the track then the message "unable to play.....the track is not encoded correctly"
    I have looked at the properties of the problem track and compared it to one of my own working tracks and cannot see any differences.
    Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Re: Unable to Play.....The track is not encoded correctly

Update to Thread.
    It would seem the Linn DS CANNOT play these Tracks either, which I must admit would have been very strange.
    The Linn too plays 1sec of the Track and then cuts off.
    Please help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Tried to test integrity with e.g. foobar2000, Audiotester.exe or flac.exe -t?

dBpoweramp Guru

Check the file size, it should be 20 to 30 mb for each track.

If the files used to play, then they suddenly do not, it is likely they have become corrupted