title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Force PerfectMeta to retrieve specific data?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandy
    • Sep 2005

Force PerfectMeta to retrieve specific data?

Occasionally when ripping CD's, I run across a disc where PerfectMeta will pull incorrect or no data even though I can find the correct CD in AllMusic, FreeDB, or MusicBrainz. Usually this happens with re-issues. Is there a way to tell PerfectMeta to pull a specific entry from one or more of the databases? In particular I'm thinking of AllMusic since they provide Metadata ID's for the specific releases.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Force PerfectMeta to retrieve specific data?

Cd ripper can only identify a disc from toc, it is not possible to search a different way.

Comment

• smisk
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2009

Re: Force PerfectMeta to retrieve specific data?

This does not specifically answer your question as it pertains to different releases (pressings) of the same album, but it might help you anyway.

You can turn off specific metadata providers if you right-click the meta-icon on the ripper main screen you will see a menu with small checkmarks on the side for each provider that is enabled for perfectmeta retrieval.

Alternatively, in the metadata review screen you can click the button for "AMG" or "MusicBrainz" or whatever on the top of the screen to replace the currently selected metadata version with the version from that provider (overwriting anything retrieved from any other provider)

Comment

Working...

]]>