title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Some stupid questions

Some stupid questions

I have ripped >13k with RIPNAS with a LG Super Multi DVD something on a WHS.

Does RIPNAS do the same job = producing an identical FLAC-file, as bBPoweramp CD Ripper run with Windows 7 (with Parallels run on a iMac), if you use the same CD driver?

Could anybody recommend a reliable CD/DVD-driver; my LG driver makes me suspicious.

Background: Most of my ripped CD:s sounds perfect when replayed but some have errors that disturbs the music (like scratches and jumps) and those I have re-ripped with CD Ripper with perfect result. But when running Perfect Tunes, it says that the majority of my files are inaccurate (do Meta-Data "count"; I have changed a lot of incorrect meta-data).

Most grateful for any comments and answers from all of you that are more experienced in this field.

Eric

Administrator

Re: Some stupid questions

Metadata does not effect PerfectTUNES accuraterip verifier.

If RipNAS was the unsecure version (it would be with the LG drive), then you were not ripping securely (where the ripper self detects errors).

Simply re-rip those discs PefectTUNES flags up as with error.

Thanks!

Secure mode, is that "After encoding Verify Written Audio"-box marked? Do my drive do, or do you recommend me to get another one?

Administrator

Secure mode is: CD Ripper >> Options >> Secure (for Ripping method)

So if I understand, with RipNAS and my LG driver (which is in fact listed on www.acuraterip.com with +667 as the correction offset value), I can't rip securely!? Is the secure option possible anyway with RipNAS? Would it mean that I have to re-rip my cd:s directly on a PC with CD-ripper and an OK driver? Is +667 as a correction value good or bad?

Administrator

The offset makes no difference to secure ripping. Your RipNAS software has no secure option.

But is there any RipNAS software with the secure option or do I have to do my future secure ripping via a PC?

Administrator

You would have to use your PC, RipNAS was only offered with secure ripping for a specific drive (a teac drive), it is discontinued now.

Thank you for your very informative and patient answers. I think I have understood. The last thing, could you give me a hint what kind of CD reader I shall buy instead of my old LG GE20LU11?

Administrator