title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpa NAME Scripting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smcpoland
    • Apr 2006

dbpa NAME Scripting

Hi there,

I'm reripping my collection for the final time and have looked at various threads re Classical naming, this one (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ing-convention), seems to have it covered.

Now being a suitably lazy person my reading of this thread makes me think I actually have to think about the tagging of every album, this will be far too much work, especially when there a a couple of thousand to do.

So I started to investigate the Naming -> (Save in Dynamic Artist Folder) scripting. Yes I could make life a little easier by creating three profiles etc. but again that's too much work.

What I would like isn't there, and wonder if it could be made available...

Using the above link will serve as my example (copied for the sake of ease):
    1. If the album has the same composer, the directory the album goes into is the composer name then the album name.
    (Drive:\FLAC\Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus\Mozart - Piano Concertos blah\Conductor\Tracks), I prefer to add Conductor as well

No problems with this one easy...

2. If the album has different composers but the same artist (soloist, conductor etc.) then the album goes into artist directory followed by album name.
    (Drive:\FLAC\Brendel, Alfred\Beethoven and Mozart piano concertos\Tracks)

Now this is more difficult - I would like to see how many composers and artists make up the disc. On looking at how to do Naming there is no compounding (summing) equator allowing dynamic naming to make this choice. I would like to write a statement similar to the following

[IFNum_Conductor]>1[ifNum_Artist]=1,...naming...[][]
    Another writing could be:
    [IFMultiConductor][ifMultiArtist],...naming...[][]
    with corresponding
    [IF!MultiConductor][if!MultiArtist],...naming...[][]

where MultiConductor and MultiArtist are just binary flags indicating whether there is one or more than one. However where would this leave None :smile2: ?

It could be argued that the Compliation flag would allow this, but if we reference the third part of the Classical Naming convension proposal:

3. If the album has different composers and artists then the album goes into various classical directory folowed by album name.
    (Drive:\FLAC\Various Classical\Great Symphonies of Classical Composers\Tracks)

This is where the Compliation Flag really comes into its own and I hope you see why it will not necessarily work with the above... HOWEVER

This is where after all that I think I might have talked myself into a possible solution...by using the empty Album Artists field in conjunction with the Compilation Flag. I'll let you know. Sometimes talking makes you see the light...

However I still think for those fields that can have multiple values it would be worth adding compounding (summing) elements to enhance future naming capabilities...It would make thinking about these things a little easier in my mind.

Thoughts and Comments welcomed.

If I manage to set up the string I'll post it.

Thanks and regards
Working...

]]>