title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MF Digital Drivers

MF Digital Drivers

I was reading some older posts about contacting bhoar for drivers for the MF Digital Ripstation type robots. Is this still the case? I would like to try out batch ripper with my robot before I buy. Thanks!
    Last edited by speedingredline; 08-04-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: poor grammar

Administrator

Re: MF Digital Drivers

Yes send a PM to bhoar

Great Thanks for the info Spoon.

figures!
    bhoar has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

^ This, i also need the drivers!

Spoon I will also contact bhoar regarding drivers to MF Digital DP6-7604 SL as advised over e-mail. Thanks.

Administrator

We have increased the mailbox size on this forum.

HI - I'm trying to get my MF Digital Baxter going with Windows 7 64bit ... is this possible? The driver CD I have is for XP 32bit only. So I guess I'm hoping I can still get this driver from bhoar or someone? I'd rather not need to setup an XP machine just to use the baxter

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    HI - I'm trying to get my MF Digital Baxter going with Windows 7 64bit ... is this possible? The driver CD I have is for XP 32bit only. So I guess I'm hoping I can still get this driver from bhoar or someone? I'd rather not need to setup an XP machine just to use the baxter
    The baxter is the same hardware as the dupliq, pico, minicubis, etc. If there's a driver disk out there from acronova, mf digital, discmakers or datatronics that is 64-bit, it should work with any other unit.

Once you get the OS to recognize, Spoons baxter driver should work just fine with it.

B

Looks like the driver at acronova is for the nimbus (which replaced the baxter style one). When I go to install that driver it waits for me to plug in the baxter, the picture it shows while waiting is of a nimbus. and when I plug in the baxter it never proceeds. I've manually installed the driver, but the baxter still is not reconized. Does anyone have a 64bit driver for the baxter, dupliq, pico, minicubis, etc. that I could get?

dBpoweramp Guru

Looks like the driver at acronova is for the nimbus (which replaced the baxter style one). When I go to install that driver it waits for me to plug in the baxter, the picture it shows while waiting is of a nimbus. and when I plug in the baxter it never proceeds. I've manually installed the driver, but the baxter still is not reconized. Does anyone have a 64bit driver for the baxter, dupliq, pico, minicubis, etc. that I could get?
    I have combine 32/64-bit drivers I downloaded last year for the acronova dupliq that include .inf file entries for VID 1723 PID 0101 (USB\VID_1723&PID_0101.DeviceDesc="DupliQ"). Contact me via email (brendan.hoar@gmail.com) if that matches the VID/PID of your baxter. I see the same image in the installer app, but in the driver subdir, there's the inf file and dpinst_x64.exe. I think you can use the executable to push the drivers into the standard driver search path. If that fails, you might be able to use the manual driver assignment and open the inf file there. Assuming the VID/PID match.

If they don't, you can try editing the .inf file, but now that inf files are expected to be signed, I'm not sure how well that will work...

Brendan
    Last edited by bhoar; 03-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    I have combine 32/64-bit drivers I downloaded last year for the acronova dupliq that include .inf file entries for VID 1723 PID 0101 (USB\VID_1723&PID_0101.DeviceDesc="DupliQ"). Contact me via email (brendan.hoar@gmail.com) if that matches the VID/PID of your baxter. I see the same image in the installer app, but in the driver subdir, there's the inf file and dpinst_x64.exe. I think you can use the executable to push the drivers into the standard driver search path. If that fails, you might be able to use the manual driver assignment and open the inf file there. Assuming the VID/PID match.

If they don't, you can try editing the .inf file, but now that inf files are expected to be signed, I'm not sure how well that will work...

Brendan
    Brendan - Thank you so much! I had missed the third area that I needed to modify to get the driver to work.
    For anyone else that may stumble across this here's what you do:

1. copy the top line of the ntx86 section and modify to match your hardware ID
    Code:
    [Acronova.NTx86]
    %USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x86, USB\VID_1717&PID_0101
    %USB\VID_1723&PID_0011.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x86, USB\VID_1723&PID_0011
    2. do the same for the AMDx64 section
    Code:
    [Acronova.NTamd64]
    %USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x64, USB\VID_1717&PID_0101
    %USB\VID_1723&PID_0011.DeviceDesc%=BREADUSB.Dev_x64, USB\VID_1723&PID_0011
    3. (the piece I didn't see... way at the bottom) copy the top line and modify to match your hardware ID and modify name to "baxter" or whatever you want.

Code:
    [Strings]
    Acronova="Acronova Technology, Inc."
    MfgName="Acronova Technology, Inc."
    USB\VID_1717&PID_0101.DeviceDesc="Baxter"
    USB\VID_1723&PID_0011.DeviceDesc="LeSolo LE5900"

dBpoweramp Guru

Brendan - Thank you so much! I had missed the third area that I needed to modify to get the driver to work.

3. (the piece I didn't see... way at the bottom) copy the top line and modify to match your hardware ID and modify name to "baxter" or whatever you want.
    One word of caution: some applications that work with these 25-disc robots are looking at the device name, not the USB hardware IDs, to decide whether they will work with the robot. So, you should name it what your application expects it to be named. The positive flipside is that often one brand's applications can be forced to work with another brand's robot by simply reinstalling the robot using a manually changed .inf file...

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by bhoar View Post
    One word of caution: some applications that work with these 25-disc robots are looking at the device name, not the USB hardware IDs, to decide whether they will work with the robot. So, you should name it what your application expects it to be named. The positive flipside is that often one brand's applications can be forced to work with another brand's robot by simply reinstalling the robot using a manually changed .inf file...

Brendan
    Anyone have success using the DiscMakers (MF Digital) Pico with QQRipper (http://broadexsystems.com/products/qqripper.htm)?

I was able to modify the Acronova drivers to get the Pico to function and even renamed the device as a DupliQ, but QQRipper will still not recognize its existence.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi Brendan,

Is driver for dBpoweramp batch ripper working with Ripstaion current 7604 still available ?
    What is the price for personal use ?

Thanks

Matthew