title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: about the recently introduced EBUR128 replay gain (EBUR128 Normalize DSP)

about the recently introduced EBUR128 replay gain (EBUR128 Normalize DSP)

Hi,

I just tried out the new EBUR128 DSP with its standard settings and noticed right away that the Replay_Gain tag values are not filled as with Replay_Gain DSP. At least they do not appear in jRiver Media Center 17. However the music sounds to be normalized.
    Is the gain applied to data destructively instead only through the tag?
    Cheers

Administrator

Re: about the recently introduced EBUR128 replay gain (EBUR128 Normalize DSP)

This is correct, the ebur128 changes the audio rather than writing a tag

Re: about the recently introduced EBUR128 replay gain (EBUR128 Normalize DSP)

Thanks for the fast reply!

Any idea how long it will take to introduce a nondestructive option (tag) just like with Replay_Gain similar to this:
    http://r128gain.sourceforge.net/

And I have a wish for the next (maintenance) update of the DSP package:
    Could you please add (maybe even to all of them not only) behind the Replay_Gain and EBUR128 DSPs a clear indicator such as (destructive) or (tag). You have done this a little bit with "(apply)" after one replay gain since it is applied destructively. I believe it is of great relevance if a DSP is actually applied or only something written in a tag while the files remain untouched.

Thanks a lot for your efforts!